Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Flashing Languages

Title says it all... Can I flash additional languages to N5800?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Flashing Languages

just download firmware with your language pack using navifirm..

then remove unneeded language..

its too hard to add language..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Remove is so easy => But add one more is so hard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thought of flashing the 5th Cooked FW by that fruit guy (forgot his username), but the downside of that CFW is that they don't have Chinese language... so, just asking...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Same here, just waiting for the 6th version of the custom firmware but I need Italian as my primary language, then both English and Chinese simplified.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

o.k. so if deleting languages is easy then lets do it this way:

1. extract your language rofs2 and CUT all files from rofs 2 to some other folder(remember where )
    2. extract your disired CFW as usuall ( its the one that doesnt have your language)
    3. paste all files from point 1 to rofs2. folder and overwrite of course - so now you have two mixed firmwares with few languages more
    4. delete all languages using http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...c,17804.0.html - search for Don MC
    5. now you must know number of your language http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...c,17804.0.html - also Don MC
    6. go to \resource\Bootdata\ and modifi txt file by deleting useless language numbers and paste your language number, dont delete 01 - it is english and it has to stay as default- if you delete your nokia will not boot.

good luck

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ini
    o.k. so if deleting languages is easy then lets do it this way:

1. extract your language rofs2 and CUT all files from rofs 2 to some other folder(remember where )
    2. extract your disired CFW as usuall ( its the one that doesnt have your language)
    3. paste all files from point 1 to rofs2. folder and overwrite of course - so now you have two mixed firmwares with few languages more
    4. delete all languages using http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...c,17804.0.html - search for Don MC
    5. now you must know number of your language http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...c,17804.0.html - also Don MC
    6. go to \resource\Bootdata\ and modifi txt file by deleting useless language numbers and paste your language number, dont delete 01 - it is english and it has to stay as default- if you delete your nokia will not boot.

good luck
    Thanks ini, waiting for NIGHTdestroyerz to testing it!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Or...can i just add Chinese Fonts to C:\Resource\Fonts ... The above method is kinda complicated as i dont know where and what after extract o.o

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I tried to add the chinese fonts and it worked in almost all the apps.
    BTW with this method you have no chanche to write in chinese... just can read incoming messages or use the dictionary and so on.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I have tried several methods to add chinese (traditional and simplifed) to nam firmware because I want my period/comma and several keys on the keyboard to work in nam firmware and replacing the .Vxx file with hong kong firmware will not work. I have also tried to mix and match files in hong kong and nam firmware to create a custom cfw that will work. At one time I thought an easy fix would be to add all files in hong kong firmware to nam but the repacked rofs2 became too large and the phone would not boot. Adding the fep/font only to nam firmware didn't work either.

i have also try to insert only an font but it seems that the organization of fonts from nam to hong kong is different. So had the idea to use a custom font from code2000 ttf but that file is over 7MB each and that times 4 equal 28MB alone for the font the limit for rofs2 file is about 33MB so no go.

At this point I'm searching the net for solution put the closest I'll found is appleorangefruit cfw that is working on ADDING languages, this thread and another on this site (http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...c,17804.0.html) but I think there might be a wait because rom cooking has only just surface for nokia roms.