Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Cam Mod Help Satio

hi everybody 1st post so be gentle (",)

i own a satio and i am new to symbian(but not to hacking/flashing phones(WINMO(XDA))) i was wondering if anybody has had any results applying patches or any other general symbian hacks to the satio.
    i have been scratching my head trying to increase the jpeg compression quality of the camera using the PRIVATE\10282EDC.txt method but looking at it i notice that the resolutions in the file dont relate to the satio, every setting is for 4:3 output but the satio has three modes 4:3, 3:2, 16:9 so i think my question is...is there a possibilty that sony ericsson have stored there camera defaults/settings somewhere else and if yes could some one point me in the right direction.

also if any satio users have got the kastor effects to work or even animenu could you please leave details of which effects
    work and where you obtained them please.

thanks 4 listenin over an out.

PH4N70M

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Cam Mod Help Satio

Quote Originally Posted by PH4N70M
    hi everybody 1st post so be gentle (",)

i own a satio and i am new to symbian(but not to hacking/flashing phones(WINMO(XDA))) i was wondering if anybody has had any results applying patches or any other general symbian hacks to the satio.
    i have been scratching my head trying to increase the jpeg compression quality of the camera using the PRIVATE\10282EDC.txt method but looking at it i notice that the resolutions in the file dont relate to the satio, every setting is for 4:3 output but the satio has three modes 4:3, 3:2, 16:9 so i think my question is...is there a possibilty that sony ericsson have stored there camera defaults/settings somewhere else and if yes could some one point me in the right direction.

also if any satio users have got the kastor effects to work or even animenu could you please leave details of which effects
    work and where you obtained them please.

thanks 4 listenin over an out.

PH4N70M
    first off mate, there is an option to find text within text files in windows, so i suggest you make a copy of your z drive with xplore to your memory card then copy this to your pc.

then look for the string in the search box, like say in mny old 5800 it said

Code:
    0x30018 string "QualitySetLevel=304,ImageFileMimeType=image/jpeg,ImageWidth=1600,ImageHeight=1200,ImageFileExtension=.jpg,ImageEncoderUID=0x00000000,CompressionQuality=85,EstimatedSize=291830,CameraDisplayId=2,CamcorderVisible=0" 0 cap_rd=alwayspass cap_wr=alwaysfail
    but since my 5800 only has one setting, i have to give a better example, like say i search for a bit of the text so in case the settings exist in another file, like

Code:
    "QualitySetLevel=304
    now, it will show you a list of text files with that text in it.

just make sure you don't search for the settings which are the same as the ones you have "4:3", so how should it look like when you search it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thanks for the reply Oreo27

i am sitting here reading my post now and thinking if someone else had posted this,
    that would be the advice i would give but after a few hours of messing with that file
    and getting nowhere my brain had somehow stopped working .

and the windows 7 search function is cool, microsoft has finally got something right with win7.

back to business, i had already copied C:\ and Z:\ and have been digging through the files so i
    have what i need now, and a fresh head on today so away i go and if i find what i am looking for i will post my results back here.
    thanks for the help mate appreciated.

ps for anyone interested here is the Z:\ drive from my debranded and updated satio

http://www.mediafire.com/?qdnymztwjud

and here are the 2 swf files and the saiplugin.dll and saiplugin.mbm used in the vivaz homescreen
    port for the satio by raafat, DON'T download this if you are going to download the Z drive these
    files are already in there and can be found at

Z:\private\102750F0\saiplugin\
    Twitter_Panel.swf
    Wave_Panel.swf(this is similar to the PSP waves background and is accelerator anabled)

Z:\sys\bin\
    saiplugin.dll

Z:\resource\apps\sai\
    saiplugin.mbm

http://www.mediafire.com/?mnngzjddymf

hope someone finds them usefull.

PH4N70M

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PH4N70M
    Thanks for the reply Oreo27

i am sitting here reading my post now and thinking if someone else had posted this,
    that would be the advice i would give but after a few hours of messing with that file
    and getting nowhere my brain had somehow stopped working .

and the windows 7 search function is cool, microsoft has finally got something right with win7.

back to business, i had already copied C:\ and Z:\ and have been digging through the files so i
    have what i need now, and a fresh head on today so away i go and if i find what i am looking for i will post my results back here.
    thanks for the help mate appreciated.

ps for anyone interested here is the Z:\ drive from my debranded and updated satio

http://www.mediafire.com/?qdnymztwjud

and here are the 2 swf files and the saiplugin.dll and saiplugin.mbm used in the vivaz homescreen
    port for the satio by raafat, DON'T download this if you are going to download the Z drive these
    files are already in there and can be found at

Z:\private\102750F0\saiplugin\
    Twitter_Panel.swf
    Wave_Panel.swf(this is similar to the PSP waves background and is accelerator anabled)

Z:\sys\bin\
    saiplugin.dll

Z:\resource\apps\sai\
    saiplugin.mbm

http://www.mediafire.com/?mnngzjddymf

hope someone finds them usefull.

PH4N70M
    no problem mate, if you do find the files for the settings of the satio, post them here, might be useful for some other people

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hiya bro look good the cam on the satio amazing already but still making that little bit better cant hurt

I will get on this today for you and see what i can come up with

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

again thanks for the replies guys,

i had a little snoop through Z:\ but only found a bit and with being new to symbian i don't even know if the files are relevant to what i am looking for.

i have noticed though that symbian seems to be very text/registry driven so i have uploaded a few of the text files plus some .xml and the .dll and .exe that relate to the camera.

i have played around with private\10282edc.txt but nothing changed and as i posted above i think the satio doesnt even use this file,
    in the same folder i found private\10208696.txt now this file does hold the screen resoulutions/actual picture size in pixels used on the satio but i think its just the values for some other proccess to call either camserver.exe or cammanager.dll

then there is the cam.xml, this looks like the interface settings for the camera options but again i am not to sure.

and last but not least z:\private\101F857A\SettingsRules.ini
    again i am lost but i think you could switch camera features on and off but nothing to do with quality.

heres the files i have found on Z:\ they are all in there original directorys.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2xgmmrmttgn

PH4N70M