Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 253
  1. #221
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,440
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Rain and Snow Effects on the homescreen + Modified Effects

    hmm, these effects work when i copy them in "effects" on my phone. But when i put them to my rofs3 and try repack, i get a 7 kilobyte rofs3. Can someone explain to me why this happens?

  2. #222
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    222
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Rain and Snow Effects on the homescreen + Modified Effects

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkmight888
    hmm, these effects work when i copy them in "effects" on my phone. But when i put them to my rofs3 and try repack, i get a 7 kilobyte rofs3. Can someone explain to me why this happens?
    you use win7 rit? select NokiaEditorb7.exe
    go to properties->compatibility->run this program as admin

  3. #223
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,440
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Rain and Snow Effects on the homescreen + Modified Effects

    Quote Originally Posted by RamonXick
    you use win7 rit? select NokiaEditorb7.exe
    go to properties->compatibility->run this program as admin
    I use windows vista. And this isn't a general problem, it happens only when i try to add these effects to my rofs3. Given these conditions, will your instructions still fix my problem?

  4. #224
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    76
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Rain and Snow Effects on the homescreen + Modified Effects

    Which engine/dll responsible for Kastor effects?? aka, in resource/effects we customize kastor, but WHAT drives/enables those kastor in the first place - since pretty much all nokia devices like N97 have the newest kastor engine enabling effects in sub-menus, taps, etc... i8910 has old more limited kastor engine, and SE Satio/Vivaz has NONE!!!

    Please reply ASAP

  5. #225
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    12
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Rain and Snow Effects on the homescreen + Modified Effects

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkmight888
    Wow, very nice effects. It would be very cool to have this mode ON all the time. Perhaps a sis application file that can toggle the effects ON and OFF. cuz it sometimes doesn't work, the default effects return and i have to reboot to get the rain effects again..
    Agree on that bro

  6. #226

    Default Re: Rain and Snow Effects on the homescreen + Modified Effects

    Awesome stuff!!

    But I have a few questions:
    - Does this work on Nokia 5230? I have flashed it with Eclipse v6 Boost Series (Omnia HD Edition) CFW.
    - If it does work, does it work on all the homescreens or just the widget HS?
    - The Eclipse v6 CFW has "Glide" effects built into it. Does that have anything to do with it not working?

    Here's what I did:
    1. Flashed the phone with Eclipse v6 Boost Series (Omnia HD version)
    2. Downloaded the attached "EffeCts.rar" file
    3. Copied the "effects" folder in "Light Rain Fixed" folder to my memcard
    4. Using the file browser in the phone, I copied the "effects" folder from memcard to "C:\resource\". So basically, it's like this: "C:\resource\effects"
    5. Disabled theme effects
    6. Turned on the "c2z4bin THUMB" patch
    7. Enabled theme effects

    And I get nothing. Just to make sure, I've set my HS to Omnia HD (widget screen), restarted the phone and repeated steps 5, 6, 7; still nothing.

    PS: I had to copy the "effects" folder into C using the phone browser because for some reason, when I connect my phone in "Mass Storage" mode, the Phone Memory doesn't show up, only Memcard does. Must be some side effect of flashing with Eclipse (or not, I don't know...)

    PPS: This is incidentally my first post

  7. #227
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,720
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Rain and Snow Effects on the homescreen + Modified Effects

    Quote Originally Posted by gautham_y
    Awesome stuff!!

    But I have a few questions:
    - Does this work on Nokia 5230? I have flashed it with Eclipse v6 Boost Series (Omnia HD Edition) CFW.
    - If it does work, does it work on all the homescreens or just the widget HS?
    - The Eclipse v6 CFW has "Glide" effects built into it. Does that have anything to do with it not working?

    Here's what I did:
    1. Flashed the phone with Eclipse v6 Boost Series (Omnia HD version)
    2. Downloaded the attached "EffeCts.rar" file
    3. Copied the "effects" folder in "Light Rain Fixed" folder to my memcard
    4. Using the file browser in the phone, I copied the "effects" folder from memcard to "C:\resource\". So basically, it's like this: "C:\resource\effects"
    5. Disabled theme effects
    6. Turned on the "c2z4bin THUMB" patch
    7. Enabled theme effects

    And I get nothing. Just to make sure, I've set my HS to Omnia HD (widget screen), restarted the phone and repeated steps 5, 6, 7; still nothing.

    PS: I had to copy the "effects" folder into C using the phone browser because for some reason, when I connect my phone in "Mass Storage" mode, the Phone Memory doesn't show up, only Memcard does. Must be some side effect of flashing with Eclipse (or not, I don't know...)

    PPS: This is incidentally my first post
    actually. it's C2z patch.. not C2zbin..you need to generate it

  8. #228

    Default Re: Rain and Snow Effects on the homescreen + Modified Effects

    actually. it's C2z patch.. not C2zbin..you need to generate it
    Ah! Thought something was fishy about it. Thanks for the clarification, I'll go ahead and do some research on the subject. Any pointers on what exactly a c2 patch is?

  9. #229
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,720
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Rain and Snow Effects on the homescreen + Modified Effects

    Quote Originally Posted by gautham_y
    Ah! Thought something was fishy about it. Thanks for the clarification, I'll go ahead and do some research on the subject. Any pointers on what exactly a c2 patch is?
    you need c2z maker aps in phone to generate,,,
    it actually change system to read in C: instead Z:

    all phone have different c2z patch.. which is depend on certain files in Z:.. you cannot easily copy other c2z patch.. you need to generate it..

  10. #230

    Default Re: Rain and Snow Effects on the homescreen + Modified Effects

    Quote Originally Posted by pirates_killer
    you need c2z maker aps in phone to generate,,,
    it actually change system to read in C: instead Z:

    all phone have different c2z patch.. which is depend on certain files in Z:.. you cannot easily copy other c2z patch.. you need to generate it..
    Thanks a lot man +1 to you


 
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Kastor Effects
    By Adam Downing in forum Symbian S60V5 Modding
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 03-04-2013, 09:27 PM
  2. N97 Theme Effects
    By robhull1 in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-30-2011, 06:08 AM
  3. Theme effects on..
    By Dasiu in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 11:25 AM
  4. New Theme Effects
    By sidthahellraiser in forum Symbian S60V5 Modding
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-18-2010, 01:39 PM
  5. N86 has 3D Audio effects
    By dhattan in forum Symbian S60v3 Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-19-2009, 06:26 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •