Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    ramisumi

Default Re: TIPS on modding firmware updated 10/02/10

Quote Originally Posted by Kcube989
    Will a particle theme effects pack work properly without c2z? Or do i need c2z still?
    Sure it will if you are proccesing the rofs2 and extracted it in rofs2 folder, Then you need to delete the excisting effects and skins folder from > NokiaEditor Beta5\rofs2\resource and after copying the effects and skins folder, which you want to add in the rofs2 file. And after repacking the rofs2 file rename it by removing REB- from its name. Then after the firmware update the effect will run automatically when you put in settings\themes\general\TheTheme\options\theme effects\on. C2Z is a past thing now and Onwards. Long live PNHT.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SkipXS
    I tried to find an easy way to hack the phone for beginners without requesting a certificate somewhere online.

Inspired by http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...c,17748.0.html I played around with the swicertstore.dat and Rompatcher.

Think I finally found a great solution:

Just copy the attachement (without the .cer- and .key-file) to your rofs2 folder, when prompted to overwrite select Yes.

After you flashed the firmware go to Settins->Program-Man.->Installfiles (sry, its german here ) and install RompatcherPlus_2.3_Mod.

I had to mod RompatchePlus to automatically install patches folder and patches to choosen drive (e: or c: - your decision).

After that you can open Rompatcher, set patches to auto and apply them and be happy.

Hope someone is interested in this...

Special THX TO alex_l who made all this happen

Skip

Forgot to add:

I used ScriptInit.txt in \private\100059C9 to automatically put the file on c:\data\installs after fw flash. The syntax is quiet easy. It might become handy for some of you

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I am asking just to be sure.. So if I want to add only particles to theme effects, do I have to delete all original effects from rof2 or just add the particle effects in the folder? Can someone please give me the answer? Thnks in advance..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ninolina
    I am asking just to be sure.. So if I want to add only particles to theme effects, do I have to delete all original effects from rof2 or just add the particle effects in the folder? Can someone please give me the answer? Thnks in advance..
    Yeah, you delete the effects folder in Z and replace it with the other effects folder of your desired theme effects pack

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

thank you for answering.. i will try that..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Forgot to add:

I used ScriptInit.txt in \private\100059C9 to automatically put the file on c:\data\installs after fw flash. The syntax is quiet easy. It might become handy for some of you
    Please, u can talk about syntax of file ScriptInit.txt

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ngoanrazor
    Please, u can talk about syntax of file ScriptInit.txt
    It's easy!

CP means copy, two arguments max, first is the input file or folder, second is the target folder. If second argument not given, it copies to the current folder.

CD means Change Directory, with it you can jump to another folder and add some stuff there.
    One argument, with or without full path (CD games means "jump to the games directory found in current directory if it exists", while MD C:\data\games means "jump to directory C:\data\games\ if it exists")

MD means Make Directory, it is used to create a directory somewhere. One argument, the folder name, with or without full path ( MD games/ means "create a directory here where I am called Games", while MD C:\data\Games means "create a directory called games in C:\data\".)

DEL is for deleting folders and files, usage: DEL Driveletter:\path\to\folder\or\file\filename.exten sion .

Also there is FORMAT, what is used for formatting a drive.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thx 1+ fonix232

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I tried to find an easy way to hack the phone for beginners without requesting a certificate somewhere online. (edit: and no need to use modified :M356_40.0.005_023_xxx_U01.uda.fpsx )

Inspired by http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...c,17748.0.html I played around with the swicertstore.dat and Rompatcher.

Think I finally found a great solution:

Just copy the attachement (without the .cer- and .key-file) to your rofs2 folder, when prompted to overwrite select Yes.

After you flashed the firmware go to Settins->Program-Man.->Installfiles (sry, its german here ) and install RompatcherPlus_2.3_Mod.

I had to mod RompatchePlus to automatically install patches folder and patches to choosen drive (e: or c: - your decision).

After that you can open Rompatcher, set patches to auto and apply them and be happy.

Hope someone is interested in this...

Special THX TO alex_l who made all this happen

Skip
    1. my fone no hack, no mod, orizin fw , alway hang this step - see bold text

any help my memory just complex, clean it

2. if i must manual install rp why i do this step . just store it any local in E n inst.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by galabuon
    1. my fone no hack, no mod, orizin fw , alway hang this step - see bold text

any help my memory just complex, clean it

2. if i must manual install rp why i do this step . just store it any local in E n inst.

lol true, exactly no point putting in Z: if you only gonna transfer the file to c:/ to install

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast