Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Modding Touchscreen Sensitivity

it can be done by software eg. there is a software which replace system menu dont know the name but it is too much sensitive than original touch input

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gogo61
    it must be possible because these winmob phones have resistive screens, too.
    I don't think changing the 5800's touch panel to a capacitive one would make sense because the software wouldn't support it, would it?
    s.... software wont support it, but we can cook our firmware to support capacitative screen and repack and flash them....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

appleorangefruit: I hope so.
    5800+capaciive screen= best phone for low price (would still be less euros than a X6)

actually, the sensitivity can be adjusted by the means of software...

however, this also depends on a lot of factor if you want to adjust it by the means of software. CPU speed, RAM, memory... Since Nokia already did it with v30 firmware, I have to say any other improvements is only minimal since I guess in terms of software responses Nokia already got it optimized. to improve it further, you'll need to change the touch input device...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ampentium2
    actually, the sensitivity can be adjusted by the means of software...

however, this also depends on a lot of factor if you want to adjust it by the means of software. CPU speed, RAM, memory... Since Nokia already did it with v30 firmware, I have to say any other improvements is only minimal since I guess in terms of software responses Nokia already got it optimized. to improve it further, you'll need to change the touch input device...
    for people who r referring to winmo patch, it is actually a patch to increase response level of touch and increase the area level for finger operation, which increases artificial sensitivity. Hence in way a patch can be made, to decrease application response delay to zero and for that some one needs to locate the touch dlls.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by weijian95
    there's no way you can adjust touch screen sensitivity by software means. Either you upgrade the hardware (unfortunately you can't) or make the CPU run faster in various ways so it can respond to your touch faster. If touchscreen sensitivity could be adjusted by software means, I bet Nokia would have done it long time ago, you don't think they wanna cut down the sensitivity of their phone's touchscreens and lose their customers?
    Not true. Totally wong. Swing and a miss. Absolute zero. Negative. Not gonna happen. False. Lies.

Many people said their touch screen sensitivity was improved over some firmware releases for 5800, and if you jailbreak an iPood Touch or an iWastedMoneyOnAnOverpricedNonSmartphone, you can adjust touchscreen sensitivity through an application on Cydia.

Gitcher factz straight, sonny.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

all of you who say u cant are hitting and missing, i have personnaly made touchscreen faster on winmob phones w/ cap screen and resit screens by using software or manually with registry editors it is possible so all of u saying nono it cant be done dont know shit because you guys been with nokia ur whole life ive done it with samsungs and sonys so yes it can be done just waiting for some chef to cook us a app or rom with ability to do it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I think what GoGo61 is trying to say is that in 5800 there are lot of times when the screen is touched you'll see the area highlighted but nothing else happens after that. The phone knows it has been touched (since the glowing thing happens) but the phone doesn't "Register" it as a "Valid" touch operation. You have to apply a certain amount of pressure to get it registered as a valid touch operation. This "amount" is set to differentiate between a "click" and a "swipe" gesture. This setting is stored in the touchscreen driver software. This can definitely be changed by modding but the result would be a too much sensitive screen with a hard time to swipe. You think programmers do not know that....come on. There's a reason behind everything.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

thanks driq...
    in my eyes the touchscreen is the only disadvantage

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hiay just thought i will come in quick being a modder what do u think if we change

150 0x10003B20 feedback touch
    200 0x102073E4 feedback stif

to say
    350 0x10003B20 feedback touch
    250 0x102073E4 feedback stif

It could make a change i will test later :P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast