Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Nokia N97 "MINI" V11 HACK BY PNHT

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBT30
    after hacking my phone N97 mini firmware v12.0.110 and installed rompatcher+ v2.03 now my phone stopped uninstalling apps i can install but i can't update or uninstall with appmanger (not enough memory) and with batch uninstall its only shows the uninstall progress but its really not uninstalling... someone please help me solve this problem.
    thanks
    have you tired this mate?

http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.php?topic=28312.0

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hi guys

I did hack my n97 mini v12.0.11
    However I recommend you use another hacked file not as mentioned in this topic, I hacked my device twice, at first I hacked it and after restarting I coudn't find RomPatcher, It was just a waste of effort and time, then I searched the net and I found another hacked file, by BARBIOX DOGG with PNHT, and when every thing is done I found Rompather+ )
    the aim of hacking is to find rompatcher

thanks for reading :P

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

ok i am not sure if hacking my phone but omg theres a shit load of apps i want to put in but always get posts saying "need a hacked phone"; my software version is v11.2.102 RM-553, can i hack my phone or i should wait?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thanx oreo27 i've found the solution for this problem its caused by NokiaEditor v0.7beta so i used nokia firmware editor by pnht and hacked my phone.

http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...html#msg188120

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jinjuper
    Hey guys the n97 mini's latest firmware v11.2.045 RM553 is hackable. I used PNHT's method to hack the phone. I used the latest version of Phoenix(v2010.0 to hack the phone. Instructions:-

1) Install Phoenix and related files.
    2) After downloading and installing Phoenix, open it and go to File>Scan Product
    3) Once your phone gets detected go to Tools>Data Package Download. Sometimes you might need to key in the product code.
    4) After that gets installed go to Flashing>Firmware Update and click on Refurbish
    5) When it tries to upgrade it might say that a certain file is missing. Observe the filename of that missing file and replace it with the filename of PNHT's file. (For example: PNHT's file name is RM555_11.0.045_uda_1_001.uda.fpsx. I changed it to RM555_RM553_014_000_M015.fpsx which Phoenix said was missing. To change that you need to cancel the operation. You need to go to C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\rm-553 and place PNHT's file there and rename it as said before.)
    6) Continue the operation and once the firmware gets modded the phone will go into Local Mode and then restart.
    7) Success!! Your phone is hacked. While it restarts download the Patches.zip as said in the first post and make a folder in E:\Patches Extract the patches.zip folder files in that location. Run rompatcher and select those two file options and select Auto.

Enjoy. Any help needed, you may ask. Thank You. Special Thanks to PNHT and other people.

man, you're the best; i followed ALMOST as you did but since i nevergot the "go to Tools>Data Package Download. Sometimes you might need to key in the product code." part to work i downloaded my own rm-553 files using NAVIFIRM, after that i did eactly as you did and it all done !!!

side note: my phonewas bought in Mexican spanish and for some reason it started in peruan spanish, besides that its all going smooth THNX!

QUESTION: what happens if i update my software version?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

hello community!

i've read this entire thread again and again, but i seriously need some help flashing my N97 mini... some things are still not clear to me...

first, here is some information about my mobile:
    model: Nokia N97 mini

version: v 11.0.102
    date: 01-02-10
    type: RM-555
    language: 3

special version: 11.0.102.207.01

second, this is what i allready collected/installed to work with:
    -> Phoenix (release 2009.20.010.3906
    -> Navifirm (v 0.1)
    -> RM555_11.0.045_uda_1_001.uda.zip
    -> Patches.zip

third, the procedure - and lots of questions.

my confusion begins with my software version. my mobile says something about a "special version" (in german: "sonderversion"). but nobody really seems to worry about this, as if i'm the only person having such a mobile. Q: is it safe to ignore this?

next i tried to use Navifirm to download the firmware i need. for the N97 mini, this is what i can get:
    10.0.20 -> lots of variants, including german localisation

11.0.102 -> only two variants, both australian

11.0.105 -> six variants - all of them singapore

11.0.45 -> lots of variants, including german localisation

12.0.110 -> lots of variants, including german localisation
    so, for my version, there is no matching firmware. Q: what to do now?

i hope someone here can tell me wich version i have to use to hack my mobile. maybe it's even possible with the newest available, the v12.0.110 ..? or must i do some "downgrade"..?

next would be replacing the original firmware-file with the one PNHT made. but PNHTs file is for v11.0.045, defenitely not my version. in this thread it's mentioned to just rename this file, it would work with other/newer versions too. Q: is this just guessing, or is this a working solution? what versions can be hacked using this file?

some further questions about hacking:

-> if anything goes wrong - will a hard-reset (N97 mini: press [ON] + [SHIFT] + [SPACE] + [BACKSPACE]) always work to restore my mobile?

-> this kind of hacking would allow to use unsigned apps and homebrew-software. what about the original applications, like maps, navigation, music player, OVI store and so on? will they still be here after flashing the phone, or will i have to add them manually?

-> somewhere i've read that the autoload-rompatcher causes some conflict with UMTS. i haven't understood what was meant - is there any disadvantage by hacking my mobile?

-> after successfull hacking it should be possible to get the newest firmware-versions by just updating like normal. but somewhere is mentioned that making a hard-reset will "un-hack" the mobile. my question is: why do a hard-reset in the first place? is it nescessary to do this by times? why..?

i guess i'll continue hacking if this first "problems" are solved. thank you for reading, thanks for any helpful answer!

greets & nice day,

sph

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sph
    hello community!

i've read this entire thread again and again, but i seriously need some help flashing my N97 mini... some things are still not clear to me...

first, here is some information about my mobile:

second, this is what i allready collected/installed to work with:

third, the procedure - and lots of questions.

my confusion begins with my software version. my mobile says something about a "special version" (in german: "sonderversion"). but nobody really seems to worry about this, as if i'm the only person having such a mobile. Q: is it safe to ignore this?

next i tried to use Navifirm to download the firmware i need. for the N97 mini, this is what i can get:so, for my version, there is no matching firmware. Q: what to do now?

i hope someone here can tell me wich version i have to use to hack my mobile. maybe it's even possible with the newest available, the v12.0.110 ..? or must i do some "downgrade"..?

next would be replacing the original firmware-file with the one PNHT made. but PNHTs file is for v11.0.045, defenitely not my version. in this thread it's mentioned to just rename this file, it would work with other/newer versions too. Q: is this just guessing, or is this a working solution? what versions can be hacked using this file?

some further questions about hacking:

-> if anything goes wrong - will a hard-reset (N97 mini: press [ON] + [SHIFT] + [SPACE] + [BACKSPACE]) always work to restore my mobile?

-> this kind of hacking would allow to use unsigned apps and homebrew-software. what about the original applications, like maps, navigation, music player, OVI store and so on? will they still be here after flashing the phone, or will i have to add them manually?

-> somewhere i've read that the autoload-rompatcher causes some conflict with UMTS. i haven't understood what was meant - is there any disadvantage by hacking my mobile?

-> after successfull hacking it should be possible to get the newest firmware-versions by just updating like normal. but somewhere is mentioned that making a hard-reset will "un-hack" the mobile. my question is: why do a hard-reset in the first place? is it nescessary to do this by times? why..?

i guess i'll continue hacking if this first "problems" are solved. thank you for reading, thanks for any helpful answer!

greets & nice day,

sph
    i love the long ones

it's safe to ignore the custom software version.

you can try the v11.0.045 file from PNHT but use all the files from your version. do not downgrade.

so basically you rename the v11.0.045 file to your version's file.

do not that i have not tested this. if something should go wrong, all you have to do is hard reset and everything will be back to normal.

yes, hard reset will remove the hack and restore everything mate.

they should still be there, all applications can be installed.

updates will work normally. yes, a hard reset will remove the hack, you only need to hard reset, if something goes terribly wrong or when you are an obsessive compulsive mobile maniac like me

edit - also check out this thread mate - http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.php?topic=24602.0

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

thank you oreo27, you already helped me a lot!

i love the long ones
    ...sorry for my long posting
    this one will take some lines too, i guess

after some more reading - especially the thread you linked to - i'm theoretically able to flash my mobile. BUT... something's not working yet.

-> in the "hacking request"-thread i found the hacked files for N97 mini v12. so i decided to work with this version and i updated my mobile. my N97 mini is now running with v12.0.110, by using navifirm i can get some matching firmware and you linked to the hacked file of this version - i guess that's the right combination of files.

-> as the N97 mini is using USB charging i'll have to use phoenix (your tutorial says). i have phoenix. and i managed to establish the USB-connection and to replace the original file with the hacked one in the flashing-process to avoid the CRC-error.

problem is:
    i removed my microSD-card, turned OFF my phone, connected it to the PC. then the charging process started and my computer asks me what to do with the connected device (windows XP autostart popup) i canceled everything, the phone's still charging.

then i started phoenix and began the flash-procedure, after clicking "refurbish" and ignoring the error-message i only come to this message in the log-window:
    Waiting for USB device...
    --- Press phone's power button! ---
    i did press the power-button, don't know how often i repeated the procedure. i pressed it as short as i could. then a little longer. and longer. and finally i turned on my phone. i did not enter my pin - and another time i did enter my pin. my phone is working fine, but flashing failed. there's a popup-error everytime i tried this:

The flashing failed. Do you like to retry the flashing?

HRESULT 0x8401f141 (-2080247487)

Flash: Boot rom was not detected after phone boot up. Unable to start flashing.

...i guess i'm not far from a successfull hacked phone, but where is my error?

and another question: this is what my original firmware-file is named:
    RM-555_12.0.110_001_U207.uda.fpsx
    and this is the hacked file:
    RM555_12.0.110_uda_5_001.uda.fpsx
    is this a normal difference, nothing to worry about this "U207"..? and i'm a little bit surprised - the original filesize is more than 25MB, the hacked one is lower than 5MB. that's a huge difference, not only some minor tweaks - but if it works i actually don't care

thanks again for your answer - i hope you can help me again, thanks for taking your time.

greets,

sph

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sph
    thank you oreo27, you already helped me a lot!

...sorry for my long posting
    this one will take some lines too, i guess

after some more reading - especially the thread you linked to - i'm theoretically able to flash my mobile. BUT... something's not working yet.

-> in the "hacking request"-thread i found the hacked files for N97 mini v12. so i decided to work with this version and i updated my mobile. my N97 mini is now running with v12.0.110, by using navifirm i can get some matching firmware and you linked to the hacked file of this version - i guess that's the right combination of files.

-> as the N97 mini is using USB charging i'll have to use phoenix (your tutorial says). i have phoenix. and i managed to establish the USB-connection and to replace the original file with the hacked one in the flashing-process to avoid the CRC-error.

problem is:
    i removed my microSD-card, turned OFF my phone, connected it to the PC. then the charging process started and my computer asks me what to do with the connected device (windows XP autostart popup) i canceled everything, the phone's still charging.

then i started phoenix and began the flash-procedure, after clicking "refurbish" and ignoring the error-message i only come to this message in the log-window:
    i did press the power-button, don't know how often i repeated the procedure. i pressed it as short as i could. then a little longer. and longer. and finally i turned on my phone. i did not enter my pin - and another time i did enter my pin. my phone is working fine, but flashing failed. there's a popup-error everytime i tried this:

...i guess i'm not far from a successfull hacked phone, but where is my error?

and another question: this is what my original firmware-file is named:and this is the hacked file:
    is this a normal difference, nothing to worry about this "U207"..? and i'm a little bit surprised - the original filesize is more than 25MB, the hacked one is lower than 5MB. that's a huge difference, not only some minor tweaks - but if it works i actually don't care

thanks again for your answer - i hope you can help me again, thanks for taking your time.

greets,

sph
    pretty simple mate.

the file size difference is because i download the smallest uda file for that version. this means that most "OEM Applications", the ones that come preinstalled like the quickoffice viewer and other junk are not included.

for your flashing problem. do everything as you normally would from phoenix but do not connect the phone to the usb cable yet.

remove the battery of your phone and connect it to the usb. hit refurbish. place the battery in and it should start flashing. no need to press the power button.

let me know mate.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

hi again,

i guess i did it - thanks to you, oreo27!

well... something strange happened when flashing - the phoenix output says:
    Waiting for communication response: 3
    Waiting for communication response: 2
    Waiting for communication response: 1
    Error 0x84009427 communicating to phone. Unable to verify comm.
    Warning: Unable to communicate to product after flashing
    All operations completed
    Product flashing failed.
    after that, my mobile shows a blank screen, "local mode". my first thought: damn, doesnt work.

after that i removed the battery, re-inserted it, placed my sd-card where it belongs and started my phone. it was like brand-new out of the box, all content gone and i had to make some settings (localisation, time, ...). then i found "rompatcher+" in my applications menu. and i found some unsigned apps. so i just tested - and everything works fine!

so, do i have to worry about this phoenix message? well, it says "All operations completed" and "Unable to communicate to product after flashing" - so i guess the verification couldn't be done and that's why this kind of error is shown. i've already tried this multiple times, the procedure stops there every time. i'm not sure about this, but if you think it's okay to just use the phone as it is right now, i'll do so

one more question: i've still installed a lot of apps i actually don't want. test-apps, trial-versions and what not. i already found the batch-uninstaller, but i just can't remove some apps - they are not shown there. the built-in install manager doesn't help, too. so: is there some more or less easy way to get rid of this stuff? an application which letz me remove such things, maybe?

thanks a lot,

greets!

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast