Join Today
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default A great music player (nokia 5800 default player) - just needs a small setting

Hello everyone.
    i just did some changes in the settings of my music player & to my surprise i got a gr8 effect. may be many of you have done this before, but still i would like to share here what i have done.

- in music player select options > go to equaliser > select bass booster setting.
    - then go back & again select options > then go to settings> set loudness option to ON & also, set stereo widening option to ON.

just do this & see the effect.....(set volume to full)
    i am getting really nice effect in the earphones which i got with nokia 5800. i hope if you have other good earphones this settings will rock your ears...

in case of music i was a sony ericsson fan, but now i feel nokia 5800 Rocks.

also please play a good disco type song to see the effect. i think on silent songs not much change is observed.

and at last if you like this, please click on green arrow.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: A great music player (nokia 5800 default player) - just needs a small setting

hi,

actually wad is stereo widening?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: A great music player (nokia 5800 default player) - just needs a small setting

To me, theese effects actually ruins the sound. The first thing to do if you get a nokia 5800 and want to use it for music should be getting some new earphones. 2nd, play around with the equaliser and find out that even if the muisc quality is still quite lame (bass is too flat, highs a bit to chrispy but mids are quite good) its enjoyable. But you havent heard music til you have heard it through proper headphones.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

hi
    actually i also do not know but below is some technical defination for it.

Widening of the stereo image can be achieved by manipulating the relationship of the side signal S and the center signal C: C = {\frac{L + R}2}; S = {\frac{L - R}2}. A positive part of the side signal S is now fed into the left channel and a part with its phase inverted to the right channel. Some boom boxes feature such a process.

Another way of looking at this same effect, without extrapolating a center and side signal from the left and right signals, is to simply add the left signal, slightly attenuated and phase inverted, into the right channel and vice-versa. Taking this a step further, a small delay (20-100ms) can be added to the inverted signal before mixing it back in to the original for output, adding a slight reverberation to the effect.
    -from Wikipedia .

In simple words...
    Stereo Widening improves the stereo quality of the Song. It improves the L/R channel effect for a music file. All through the change is very minor still it can be noticed if you have a good quality sound file.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tirim4
    To me, theese effects actually ruins the sound.
    i got this nice effect after upgrading to firmware v.30

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tirim4
    To me, theese effects actually ruins the sound. The first thing to do if you get a nokia 5800 and want to use it for music should be getting some new earphones. 2nd, play around with the equaliser and find out that even if the muisc quality is still quite lame (bass is too flat, highs a bit to chrispy but mids are quite good) its enjoyable. But you havent heard music til you have heard it through proper headphones.
    +1
    Playing with the equaliser imho is way better than putting stereo widening on.
    I've tried stereo widening with some songs and felt the bass was lacking. I tried them on electronic, and alternative.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: A great music player (nokia 5800 default player) - just needs a small settin

Quote Originally Posted by mansoorkasmi
    i got this nice effect after upgrading to firmware v.30
    lol Stereo widening was in the 5800 even on v11 man.

btw, what headphones do you guys use? I use a Sennheiser PX100 portable headphones.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I use a AKG K340 and it's amazing. I use my own settings in the equaliser.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by symbiote.s60
    lol Stereo widening was in the 5800 even on v11 man.

btw, what headphones do you guys use? I use a Sennheiser PX100 portable headphones.
    yup, i know that Stereo widening is available right from the start, but i mean to say the total sound quality after doing the settings mentioned above....
    &
    i use default nokia earphones....
    i want to buy some good one... plz suggest me if anyone can...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

actually the sound has not been improved with v30.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast