Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Nokia 5800 protective screens, cases & guards

i'm using mine for 3 weeks now without any protection! do you think its safe?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

well i started a topic regarding a mirror screen guard i applied yesterday. and as usual ´ clean the phone well,in the mean time i steam up my bathroom really well so i can apply the screen guard in there
    (steam keeps dust particles away)
    then i align the Screen protector to fit the buttons etc, peal of the first protective film just a bit so i can refit if something isn't right then slowly peal away the rest and at the same time pushes out the air bubbles with the end of a credit card or similar.
    now its applied but still has the second protective film on.
    i keep that on a little longer so i can work the credit card over the display again removing the (if any) remaining air bubbles.
    the peal of the second protective film to DONE!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Well, some protectors will lose the bubbles by themselves, while others, you need a card to push them out. And, yes, a steam filled, dust free environment is best used. Do not get your fingers on the sticky side unless the protector can handle it.

Read the instructions carefully!

mufaddal_km

well when i apply a screen protector i make sure that the screen of the phoe is cleaned thoroughly with a piece of cloth ....while applying the screen guard i try to be as quick as possible to that less air gets in between ...after application i use either a card or a piece of eraser to iron out the buubles

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by lewinz
    i'm using mine for 3 weeks now without any protection! do you think its safe?
    it depends at some moments it could not be safe because u may drop it on a hard surface or something may scratch it u should get a screen protecter

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hampa_D
    well i started a topic regarding a mirror screen guard i applied yesterday. and as usual ´ clean the phone well,in the mean time i steam up my bathroom really well so i can apply the screen guard in there
    (steam keeps dust particles away)
    then i align the Screen protector to fit the buttons etc, peal of the first protective film just a bit so i can refit if something isn't right then slowly peal away the rest and at the same time pushes out the air bubbles with the end of a credit card or similar.
    now its applied but still has the second protective film on.
    i keep that on a little longer so i can work the credit card over the display again removing the (if any) remaining air bubbles.
    the peal of the second protective film to DONE!
    my screen protecter is good at keep scratches away no matter how much the protecter gets scratched if u take it off the screen is clean and scratch free the only problem i have is i cant get the air bubbles out when i first applied it there was many becuz i dropped in on the ground thinking it was a cover and then i put it on there was many bubbles i managed to get the dirt off but only the bubbles on top faded away and a few remain on the bottom now.

mufaddal_km

i totally agree there ...it might take only one instance to fill ur device with scratches ...it better to apply ne screen saver than to be sorry later on

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hi,

I managed to break my first nokia 5800 screen (dent that made the whole screen not function)
    so after getting it repaired I'm definetly going to get something to protect the screen.

I was thinking about a case like this Nokia 5800 leather cover with flip top

The other option would be a screen protector like invicibleSHIELD, do they protect the screen from hits also or only scratching?

Do you have any other product you would like to recommend?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I find the case bundled with the phone a great tool even if the top and bottom parts of the phone are not that protected.

mufaddal_km

use a leather case or something of that sort ...invisible shield will only protect against scratches ..

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast