Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Default Re: 5800 - Problem installing apps with memory card

Guys I just had this problem again for the 2nd time. Thank goodness I found this old thread. Anyway this issue is quite common with the given 8gb SDHC card by Nokia as I have many friends with the same problem.

For me once I got stuck and couldn't install anymore apps, I tried what others suggested here.. which is to add in more files so it hits beyond the 1gb remaining mark and then it works fine now.. there is a bug in the card. I might just go to the Nokia Centre and ask for a replacement or maybe just buy a new class 6 Sandisk SDHC

mufaddal_km

rather than getting nokia cards in replacement better go for sandisk cards

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hi,
    I experienced the same problem after firmware update to version 31.0.008 thus I thought it was firmware problem.

Symptoms:
    -can't install any application (symbian, java, widget) - nothing
    -it was not possible to install from memory card, from PC (application installer), from OVI store
    -no error messages
    -installation exited just before you have to select where you want to install it
    -phone was working without any issues and also installed applications (installed on memory card - that what was left after hard reset)

I reinstalled firmware 2 times, did several hard resets, spend whole day trying to find solution.

After reading this post I deleted circa 500 MB from my memory card and I was able install apps again :-)

Default file manager showed 1005 MB free space before deletion on memory card and it was original memory card supplied with the phone.

Thanks

Yes I had this problem today as well. The last week my 5800's file manager showed the memory card's memory in MB instead of GB; it was 1007.5MB. I could not install any app and could not move or copy files around in the 'file manager'. I read this post and did the following: deleted about 500MB of videos I could do without, then everything installed and could be moved/copied fine again. You could get away with deleting less, just when there is around 1GB of memory left on the card it starts acting strange. I also deleted 305 text and picture messages that were stored on the memory card earlier today.

I had tried reinstalling the firmware, wiping the phone's memory with the same memory card and that didn't work.
    (fyi - to do a master wipe: turn on phone then press and hold GREEN + RED + CAMERA buttons until you see the boy and the man holding hands)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thank yar .....i was so upset about this issue...thanks for giving me a solution....u r great!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456