Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 55
  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    81
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: 5800 - Problem installing apps with memory card

    Quote Originally Posted by eViL D:
    No, that makes it even more likely. If it wasn't the memory card, it would work on one and not the other.
    But if you read the thread you'll see we recreated a valid issue.

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,349
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Re: 5800 - Problem installing apps with memory card

    Quote Originally Posted by licenced
    But if you read the thread you'll see we recreated a valid issue.
    I did read the thread, licenced.

    Your resolution is not a fix, there is a problem there. Here's the way you test the card, because you are reproducing the same issue with the same card! If you have a PSP, download a movie to the memory card. The card will skip and then cease to play. Put in any other memory card and the movie will work fine. Nokia memory cards are inherently bad.

  3. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    81
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: 5800 - Problem installing apps with memory card

    Quote Originally Posted by eViL D:
    I did read the thread, licenced.

    Your resolution is not a fix, there is a problem there. Here's the way you test the card, because you are reproducing the same issue with the same card! If you have a PSP, download a movie to the memory card. The card will skip and then cease to play. Put in any other memory card and the movie will work fine. Nokia memory cards are inherently bad.
    I'm not in any way disagreeing that the Nokia cards aren't as reliable or as fast as other brands. What we found is a bug with the Nokia firmware and I'm pretty certain that it would be the same whatever brand of card was used. What you're talking about is a completely separate issue.


  4. #34
    nasua
    Guest

    Default Re: 5800 - Problem installing apps with memory card

    Try to reformat the card in a card reader, then put it back in your phone and reformat it again from phone.

  5. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    81
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: 5800 - Problem installing apps with memory card

    Quote Originally Posted by Nasua
    Try to reformat the card in a card reader, then put it back in your phone and reformat it again from phone.
    Or just add some files or remove some files so you have less than 1GB or more than 1.1GB free and there's no problem

    The same issue was seen with two different cards - and yes they were probably both Nokia cards, that shouldn't make the difference with this one.

    D

  6. #36
    nasua
    Guest

    Default Re: 5800 - Problem installing apps with memory card

    I am actually not aware witch brand Nokia uses, but i know kingston card's sucks.
    I had to throw away 2 4gb cards from kingston due to bad sectors.

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,349
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Re: 5800 - Problem installing apps with memory card

    Quote Originally Posted by licenced
    I'm not in any way disagreeing that the Nokia cards aren't as reliable or as fast as other brands. What we found is a bug with the Nokia firmware and I'm pretty certain that it would be the same whatever brand of card was used. What you're talking about is a completely separate issue.

    Dave
    My point being, they are both bad cards that have the same issue. My Nokia memory card sits on my shelf because of the same thing, FYI. It is not firmware related. Hardware issue, not application.

  8. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    93
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: 5800 - Problem installing apps with memory card

    this is just me, using the stock 8gb that came with the phone.

    Using the phone to delete files seems to be buggy. It deletes it, and the file space left it updates, but somehow, the file is still taking up space.

    Previously, I was using the phone to delete the video files loaded, and subsequently, there came a point where Windows was telling me that there was 1.5gb left, yet trying to copy a 20mb file to it failed constantly.

    So, i copied everything to the pc, formatted the card, and copied everything back. Voila, 1.5gb left, and I was able to copy more than 1gb of data to it again.

    So these days, I try not to delete files via the phone, and only do so when I'm connected to the PC. It's been working out pretty good so far.

    I think they've not managed to settle the file operations properly yet.

  9. #39
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    29
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: 5800 - Problem installing apps with memory card

    I formatted my card only now it seems i cant see all files, if i connect via pc suite i see only some files as when i connect thru mass storage i can see all of them. This presented a problem as i cant start garmin xt now. Is there a way to change privileges or is that to do with the name change on the card, it says "no name" now..

  10. #40
    nasua
    Guest

    Default Re: 5800 - Problem installing apps with memory card

    Quote Originally Posted by puscifer
    I formatted my card only now it seems i cant see all files, if i connect via pc suite i see only some files as when i connect thru mass storage i can see all of them. This presented a problem as i cant start garmin xt now. Is there a way to change privileges or is that to do with the name change on the card, it says "no name" now..
    GarminXT is not fullycompatible with Nokia 5800


 
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Memory Card Unlockers (Reset your Memory Card Password)
    By nasua in forum Symbian S60v3 Apps
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 06-28-2017, 12:10 PM
  2. Recover Lost Memory card Password ( for hacked phones )
    By mufaddal_km in forum Symbian S60v3 Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-27-2013, 06:57 PM
  3. SIM Memory full - 5800 - Problem!!!!!!
    By Dierwolf in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-14-2010, 03:02 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-07-2009, 09:06 AM
  5. Pictures: Sandisk 16GB MicroSDHC Memory Card
    By phattrance in forum Blog Posts
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-05-2009, 12:20 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •