Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: 5800 - Problem installing apps with memory card

deleted some files..now it is 131.1MB free... 'find' is working.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by radical24
    good for you guys for figuring it out
    Can you tell I used to work in Application Support - I was good at my job

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I noticed the packed in memory card is very reliable. I currently use a Sandisk Ultra Mobile. I did a comparison with my PSP with the Nokia 8GB and a Samsung 4GB class 2. With only Dark Knight on each card, the Nokia would always pause and jitter while the Samsung would play fine. Also, loading and saving was notably slower with the Nokia.

Bottom line, get a new memory card.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

but thier memory cards appear to be just fine, its a matter of bug allocation of files nothing else, at least for now. very well done gents

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

not a serious issue..
    but bug is a bug...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

A bug or bad sector. If it persists at the same spot..... well, not good. But, as long as it works now, good job!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Highly unlikely to be a bad sector as we now have replicated the same issue on two phones.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Please note than the supplied nokia 8GB card is not of a high quality but still works fine and if a card is acting as you say you MUST FORMAT THE CARD and if that fails you need to format the card using your pc or laptop computer then the phone will see the card as needing to be formatted in the right way and will inform you this needs to be done .
    The other bit of info i can give you is that they is a bug on the nokia 5800 and that is it looks at ALL cards as being 2GB even though you may have a 8 or 16GB card inserted and this is a known bug and will be sorted when the next firmware is released as i have spken to a person who has seen 100 returns in his shop due to this so it is a known issue yet it is a matter of an update but nokia are not the quickest for doing this yet you can do it on line as soon as it released ...BUT this only effects 1 in a 100 handsets as that is what they told my buddie who owns the phone shop BUT using a Sandisk card will be a good move for anyone as they are indeed faster and built to a very high spec ..i hope this helps you in some way but your phone is not broken it needs the long awaited update

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by candymut
    Please note than the supplied nokia 8GB card is not of a high quality but still works fine and if a card is acting as you say you MUST FORMAT THE CARD and if that fails you need to format the card using your pc or laptop computer then the phone will see the card as needing to be formatted in the right way and will inform you this needs to be done .
    The other bit of info i can give you is that they is a bug on the nokia 5800 and that is it looks at ALL cards as being 2GB even though you may have a 8 or 16GB card inserted and this is a known bug and will be sorted when the next firmware is released as i have spken to a person who has seen 100 returns in his shop due to this so it is a known issue yet it is a matter of an update but nokia are not the quickest for doing this yet you can do it on line as soon as it released ...BUT this only effects 1 in a 100 handsets as that is what they told my buddie who owns the phone shop BUT using a Sandisk card will be a good move for anyone as they are indeed faster and built to a very high spec ..i hope this helps you in some way but your phone is not broken it needs the long awaited update

my nokia 8gb card broke after the third day, needless to say i have sandisc now and no issues. those nokia cards actually are o poor quality. hardly ever use them. if you want solid card that will last go with sandisk you can't go wrong, just make sure its the original

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by licenced
    Highly unlikely to be a bad sector as we now have replicated the same issue on two phones.
    No, that makes it even more likely. If it wasn't the memory card, it would work on one and not the other.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast