Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    faizuddin

Default My 5800 reboots on its own

I am encountering a strange problem---my 5800 reboots by itself. I had taken to Nokia customer care and they updated the firmware a few days back, but it happened again yesterday. Does it mean I need to update my firmware again...please let me know possible reason and solution. Much appreciated...

mufaddal_km

Default Re: My 5800 reboots on its own

have you installed any third party application .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Yep, What's on your device besides the preloaded stuff?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

remove any installed applications or do a hard reset/format and see if the problem persists. if it does then you should go back to the Nokia ppl

harith

thanx

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i have a similar problem when i sometimes receive messages and alerts from my gsm network

faizuddin

Thanks everyone. No I haven't installed any third party applications on the phone. To the other response - if I do a format, all the applications on the phone will get erased - eg: GPS, etc. Where can I get them after I have formated the phone?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by faizuddin
    Thanks everyone. No I haven't installed any third party applications on the phone. To the other response - if I do a format, all the applications on the phone will get erased - eg: GPS, etc. Where can I get them after I have formated the phone?

no it will not be erased. the pre installed programs will still be there. only the 3rd party programs you install will be lost and the contacts list in the phone memory. anyway, you can just install the 3rd party apps afterwards and save the contacts to simcard so you can copy it on the phone afterwards. press *#7370# to hard reset the phone and enter 12345 in the password......thats it.....

faizuddin

Thanks. I will try this...In india, things are a little disorganized. The phone's firmware has been updated twice. Now the Nokia Care Center tells me that if this issue persists, they would have to send the phone to the company for rectification -- Nokia Care Centers are franchisee outlets and offer only level 1 or level 2 support. If the problem reoccurs, Nokia will try and repair the phone and if that doesn't happen, they will replace it -- all of this would take around 20-30 days, so basically, I will be without a phone for that timeframe. India is among Nokia's largest markets, I don't know why they have such stepmotherly treatment for customers here?

faizuddin

They also suggested that I format the memory card. If I do that, will all the songs, GPS app etc that are pre-loaded, get deteled?
    Quote Originally Posted by carl_ng_alkhobar

no it will not be erased. the pre installed programs will still be there. only the 3rd party programs you install will be lost and the contacts list in the phone memory. anyway, you can just install the 3rd party apps afterwards and save the contacts to simcard so you can copy it on the phone afterwards. press *#7370# to hard reset the phone and enter 12345 in the password......thats it.....

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast