Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Accessing themes problem 5800

Quote Originally Posted by HypeBoY
    bad sectors can't be found by scanning, it's a defect on the memory card, just like bad sectors on a computer's hard disk..........

normally when a memory card has bad sectors, it usually gets corrupted alot, even if you format it, if your card doesn't get corrupted often then it still has hope..............

Get yourself a card reader buddy then the world is truly your oyster. Scanning for bad sectors on a memory card is much the same as doing so on a hard drive, and thus is pretty straight forward. The easiest way being to use Windows own built in disk check utility, making sure to check the box for "scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors"

There is also countless 3rd party apps that will do a similar job.

tamz786

thanks for all the replys, but unfortunatly disk check didnt really work, i suppose im just left to reseting the phone. im never connecting via USB again tho thanks again everyone

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tamz786
    thanks for all the replys, but unfortunatly disk check didnt really work, i suppose im just left to reseting the phone. im never connecting via USB again tho thanks again everyone

Disk check wont solve your issue, all it will do is confirm that your card has no bad sectors. The only solution I've found for this issue is a hard reset. For what its worth it happened to me over a month ago and I've used USB quite a lot since and its been fine, so it seems to be a pretty rare event.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i have being assembling and distributing computers for 3 years now, as to my understanding bad sectors on a hard drive cannot be fixed, believe me applications won't help fixing bad sectors....

and about memory cards, yes i know there's a reader that can fix bad sectors.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by HypeBoY
    i have being assembling and distributing computers for 3 years now, as to my understanding bad sectors on a hard drive cannot be fixed, believe me applications won't help fixing bad sectors....

and about memory cards, yes i know there's a reader that can fix bad sectors.....

I was assembling and distributing computers almost a decade and a half ago. If you read my previous posts again you will see that you have misunderstood what I am saying.

You said and I quote "bad sectors can't be found by scanning"

To which I responded that you can easily scan for them, I didn't at any point say you could actually do anything about it if you did find bad sectors, I merely said you could easily confirm if that was the issue or not.

The Windows disk check utility doesn't attempt to repair the bad sectors on a drive, it just tries to recover any data from said sectors, and then marks them as bad so that no further data is alocated to those sectors.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Nokia 5800 Theme in the Nokia Videos ?

Hey guys,
    in the Nokia videos the 5800 has got a theme different to the standart "Sound Wave" Theme which is allready installed.
    Nokia 5800 "Videotheme"
    The icons are all black (with white light)
    but in all the "standart sound wave" themes i found in the web & my mobilephone the icons are grey (with white light)
    & i think the black icons look much better...
    does anybody know something where to get this theme or these icons ?
    greetings from Germany !

garoulis

Default Re: Nokia 5800 Theme in the Nokia Videos ?

thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hallo!

Das liegt daran, dass das ja nicht das echte Handy ist, sondern nur eine Computeranimation,welche schon vor dem Release des Telefons gemacht wurde. Damals war nocht nicht klar wie alles zum Schluss aussehen wird. Wenn du hinsiehst hat auch der Musikplayer ein anderes Layout. (Titel steht direkt unter dem CD-Cover)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

in english guys, in english
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Got2Know
    Das liegt daran, dass das ja nicht das echte Handy ist, sondern nur eine Computeranimation,welche schon vor dem Release des Telefons gemacht wurde. Damals war nocht nicht klar wie alles zum Schluss aussehen wird. Wenn du hinsiehst hat auch der Musikplayer ein anderes Layout. (Titel steht direkt unter dem CD-Cover)
    Trans.:
    It´s because this isn´t the real Mobile, but an Animation, which was made before the release. That time the look of the mobiles UI wasn´t known completly. If you look closely, also the music player has a different Layout. (Title directly underneath the Cover-Image)

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast