Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Hotmail On Nokia 5800

just official Nokia site...something more bout that?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Did you accept the terms?

It will configure Hotmail for you.

I modified the post.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

it just came to accept nokias site,there r instructions etc and I already have that settings but its just in my favourite but not defined mailbox in messages

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i dont think there is a way to set up ur hotmail account as mailbox, because hotmail doesnt support POP3 or IMAP.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I can't stress this enough, I have done it, I pay hotmail nothing for the privilege, and all I did was exactly follow the instructions on the link that I provided earlier in this thread.  So, you definitely can operate your hotmail account via the built in 'Messaging' application. 

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

tried but doesnt work..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I will try and see if I can replicate it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I used these settings and multiple others and was not able to connect to hotmail.

POP3 and SMTP access used to be available only to the paid Hotmail Plus users but not anymore! Hotmail has recently added POP3 and SMTP support to all the free users too! That’s definitely one good news as now with this, you can use any email clients to access your Hotmail mailboxes without even bothering to open your web browser.

Firefox extension to check mails in Firefox statusbar is one cool firefox extension, but even that is kind of bothersome when you can pronto get all your mails delivered with your mobile-based or desktop-based email clients.

This newer way to get Hotmail mails on your mobile and desktop will be available to every Hotmail users, but in stages based on the regional market. This POP3 technology is now available to all free-based Hotmail users located in UK, Canada, Australia, France, Japan, Spain, Germany, Italy, and Netherlands, but you can enable Hotmail POP3 and SMTP support instantly for all countries!

Mobile users can always access Hotmail via mobile.live.com but with the free POP3 technology, you can get to your mails more conveniently using any email client software on your PC or mobile.

Here are the POP3 and SMTP server configuration settings to access your MSN Hotmail account via any email client:

Incoming POP Server: pop3.live.com

Incoming Server POP Port: 995

POP SSL required? Yes

User name: Your Windows Live ID (yourname@hotmail.com)
    Password: The password you use to sign in to Hotmail or Windows Live

Outgoing SMTP Server: smtp.live.com

Outgoing SMTP Port: 25

Outgoing Server Authentication: Yes (Use POP username and password)

TLS/SSL required? Yes

Windows Live blog has announced that POP3 access technology will not just be limited to the above selected countries but slowly rolled out to every Hotmail users later this year. So for those who do not yet have access to the POP3 and SMTP technology, it will be officially be available sooner, and if you don’t want to wait for it, here is what you need to do to enable POP3 and SMTP technology for any countries!

* Login to Hotmail

* Go to: Options >> More Options >> Manage your account >> View and edit your personal information link >> Registered Information

* For both Home Location and Work Location, change the following details to specified location compatible with any of the following countries: UK, Canada, Australia, France, Japan, Spain, Germany, Italy, or Netherlands. For eg.:

Postal Code: WC1B 3DG
    Constituent Country: England
    Time zone: London, United Kingdom - GMT

* Click on Save when done.

* Go back to Hotmail, and ensure that the display language of Hotmail is set to English by mouse over the Options.

* Use the previously mentioned POP3 and SMTP server configuration settings in an email-client.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

did it the same way and nothing happens...also tried to change my access point but doesnt work...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast