Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    heyAdroid

Default 5800 music player question

Hey guys, i wanted to know if i can do something so that some sound files that i have in my memory card don't appear in the music player because i have some ringtones in there and sometimes i have the music player in shuffle at the ringtones start playing wich is kind of annoying.
    Also, i just noticed that there are some songs that don't appear in the music player.
    So i guess my questions would be: how do i add and remove songs from the music player?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: 5800 music player question

I just figured out the phone is as fussy as the iPhone!

Best thing to do is use the included 'Nokia Music' software.

I just added about 9 albums with art etc using this program and they all appear on the phone. Before I used it as I mentioned in another thread, I transferred about 5 albums in their own folders over and only 2 or 3 showed on the phone - including at the file manager.

heyAdroid

aah i see
    well i'm trying to use the nomka music software but it says that an important update must be installed first, so i choose to install it, and it starts downloading it but after a while it gives me some sort of error that says: "installation aborted due to error Installation failed. Check windows event log for details. Exiting Nokia Music."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Add music - In music player (or music library), press "Options -> Refresh library", this will add the new songs u just transfer to your memory card. Hope this help.
    Remove song - no idea, i also would like to know how, currently i create a playlist for the song i only want to listen to.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by boomen2u
    Add music - In music player (or music library), press "Options -> Refresh library", this will add the new songs u just transfer to your memory card. Hope this help.
    Remove song - no idea, i also would like to know how, currently i create a playlist for the song i only want to listen to.
    ......to remove a song, just delete it in the file manager and it will not appear in the library anymore.....

heyAdroid

i could do that
    but i need it as a ringtone so that's not an option

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by heyAdroid
    Hey guys, i wanted to know if i can do something so that some sound files that i have in my memory card don't appear in the music player because i have some ringtones in there and sometimes i have the music player in shuffle at the ringtones start playing wich is kind of annoying.
    Also, i just noticed that there are some songs that don't appear in the music player.
    So i guess my questions would be: how do i add and remove songs from the music player?

dnt knw how to remove but to add new files just refresh ur library....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by heyAdroid
    i could do that
    but i need it as a ringtone so that's not an option
    Yeah, I have issues with that as well. Kind of annoyed how everything are included in the Gallery and Music Player.

If you are syncing via iTunes then a playlist will appear in your 5800 which only contains the files you have sync via iTunes. Just shuffle through that if you don't want your ringtones to be include.