Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: OFFICIAL Thread - Nokia 5800 XpressMusic

Quote Originally Posted by Phat^Trance
    does anyone know if its possible to go back a page when using the fullscreen internet mode? i cant find an option to go back unless i leave the fullscreen mode.

....I dont know also....maybe its not included yet

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by carl_ng_alkhobar

....I dont know also....maybe its not included yet
    thats the most stupid thing they ever done!
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i still dont know if i want to keep the 5800 or not. The Nokia n95 is still better since there are much more apps available etc

the good things about the 5800 is

* The huge screen
    * Battery life ( i only need to charge it twice / day compared to my N95 that i charge between 3-4 times /day)
    * Better sound quality @ Mp3 player

........5800 is fine without the bugs.....since it is a new phone with the first s60 v5 and first touch screen, many bugs will come out but are understandable. It should be be resolved thru firmware updates.....for sure, release of firmware for this phone will be often compared to other phones.....lets just wait and see before to decide to give it away or sell it.....anyway, its just a month away before it was out in the market, right?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

........5800 is fine without the bugs.....since it is a new phone with the first s60 v5 and first touch screen, many bugs will come out but are understandable. It should be be resolved thru firmware updates.....for sure, release of firmware for this phone will be often compared to other phones.....lets just wait and see before to decide to give it away or sell it.....anyway, its just a month away before it was out in the market, right?
    yeah the 5800 will be released in Sweden in the end of next month. but still, i though that it would be easier to navigate with a touch screen phone, but i was wrong
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

yeah the 5800 will be released in Sweden in the end of next month. but still, i though that it would be easier to navigate with a touch screen phone, but i was wrong

.....it became easier compared to my N95 since you just scroll the page up and down with a touch and can be zoomed to an extent. The only problem is, if you want to go back to previous screen it will come back all to a default

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

.....it became easier compared to my N95 since you just scroll the page up and down with a touch and can be zoomed to an extent. The only problem is, if you want to go back to previous screen it will come back all to a default
    yes, they really need to fix the back button in fullscreen mode!
    testing

nlitement

Okay, it must be my USB port at fault or whatever because the Nokia Updated software told me AFTER IT FAILED not to use "indirect" USB connections, niiiiice so the way my phone is bricked is that when you power it up, it vibrates, and then nothing, that's all it does, and it can do it all over again, but the weird thing is that if you connect it to a PC it recognizes a "Nokia Boot" or "Nokia Flash" something "loader" or something primitive sounding like that, so I guess it still has hope?

And yeah, Nokia's software is honestly sh*t if it "can't recognize" my phone even though Windows recognizes it as Boot Loader or whatever its name was, with "Nokia" in the name anyway, after butchering the whole operation? If it knows that it fails, why does it no give me any instructions?

And during the firmware switch, my screen went completely white.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

http://www.dailymobile.net/forum/index.php?topic=288.0
    read this thread and the white screen during an update is totally normal and it even states during the update that it might happen.

nlitement

Quote Originally Posted by radical24
    http://www.dailymobile.net/forum/index.php?topic=288.0
    read this thread and the white screen during an update is totally normal and it even states during the update that it might happen.
    Yeah, it did warn me about a blank screen, although the wording for that in Finnish is slightly less clear.

But what about my phone's current behavior (only vibrates when turned on without any screen activity, recognized by the PC via USB)? Will I be able to flash it back to life?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

yes that is why i gave you the link to the guide as to how to do it, it will void your warranty. other than that take it to nokia care point and they will revive it for you. your phone is bricked and needs special TLC that only the thread i have posted for you can do or the nokia care.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast