Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Changing from 8GB MicroSD to 16GB MicroSd

I have a 8gb microsd card on my nokia 5800 and getting the 16gb within a week from sandisk. i have alot of themes and applications installed on the memory card. do i need to reinstall the apps and themes or can i just transfer all the files to my computer and back to the new card.
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Changing from 8GB MicroSD to 16GB MicroSd

you should be able to transfer most of the staff from card to computer to new card. there might be some apps that will need reinstall but for the most part you should be able to do it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Indeed Radical is correct in what he has posted yet you need to think about some apps that use the phones memory to run even off the memory card as some do place a dil on the phones memory even though you did instal the app on the memory card so as stated if some apps do not run simply reinstal them but as themes go you can move them to your new memory card but please remember you need to FORMAT your new memory card in the phone first then remove the card then you are set up the right way

mufaddal_km

Indeed Radical is correct in what he has posted
    lol ...its "she" and not "he "

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Most will work, but some apps, like Garmin, use the serial code from the memory card. I guess just be prepared to reinstall...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Sorry Miss...or Mrs or Mizz......i did not know you are a woman ....even though i now look at the icon at the side of the post and i see that a picture of a woman is there ...a hint no doubt that one will not forget.....after all one is English you know....lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

One thing I noted while upgrading to higher capacity cards in 6300 or 6233 that some of the Nokia softwares/files does not get copied/transferred to new card (probably they are sort of copy protected by Nokia). Is the case same for 5800? If it is then what is the way out for copying the entire contents to higher capacity card. I find that nokia map is loaded in 8gb card.

nasua

Quote Originally Posted by parthabhatta
    One thing I noted while upgrading to higher capacity cards in 6300 or 6233 that some of the Nokia softwares/files does not get copied/transferred to new card (probably they are sort of copy protected by Nokia). Is the case same for 5800? If it is then what is the way out for copying the entire contents to higher capacity card. I find that nokia map is loaded in 8gb card.
    Use a card reader to copy files from the old card to the new card.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Nasua
    Use a card reader to copy files from the old card to the new card.
    Also, make sure that your pc can view hidden/system files so that all files are copied across.

I've known of some who don't know how to view hidden files. If the option to view hidden files is not switched on, windows will only copy those files that is viewable by the user, even if you drag the whole folder across.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by candymut
    Sorry Miss...or Mrs or Mizz......i did not know you are a woman ....even though i now look at the icon at the side of the post and i see that a picture of a woman is there ...a hint no doubt that one will not forget.....after all one is English you know....lol
    it's all good no worries