Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: How To Add Facebook Status To The 5800 XpressMusicís Contact Bar

i managed to get the rss feed for facebook working however its shows only one feed..i mean the latest one..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by iamying
    i managed to get the rss feed for facebook working however its shows only one feed..i mean the latest one..
    u mean the latest post on the RSS?
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

yes. Only one at a time. For example.. Blah blah has added you as a friend. But u still can view the rest.. I'm just referring to the main box when u press the contact button

sjacksondoblas

How do you input the feeds for facebook on the contact bar?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Can someone plz help/explain me how to get RSS-feeds on the frontpage of a Nokia 5800?

I'm in pilottraining and would like to have the METAR and TAF directly visible. (weather report & forecast)

Thanks!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I think it's possible together with HandyShell and another program to have the weather on your homescreen. But explicitly RSS feeds? I don't know something like that. But would be great

nasua

Quote Originally Posted by Helishoot
    Can someone plz help/explain me how to get RSS-feeds on the frontpage of a Nokia 5800?

I'm in pilottraining and would like to have the METAR and TAF directly visible. (weather report & forecast)

Thanks!
    Well there is an application called epoc rss reader, but its still in beta stage.
    If you want to give it a go, you can find it download section.
    http://www.dailymobile.net/forum/ind...sg7063#msg7063

Mixsynth

Here's how you add Facebook status updates to the Nokia 5800 Contacts Bar.

ON YOUR COMPUTER

1. Log in to Facebook
    2. Go to the Facebook profile of the friend you want updates from
    3. Look at your browser's address bar; note down your friend's "id" number (the number to the right of the letters "?id=")
    4. Type the following in your browser's address bar and hit Enter: http://www.facebook.com/minifeed.php?filter=11
    5. Add the letters "&id=" to the end of the text in the address bar, followed by your friend's "id" number; hit Enter
    6. Click the orange "RSS" icon in the address bar (Firefox) or tab bar (Internet Explorer)
    7. You should see a feed of your friend's most recent status updates; if not, try again from step 1
    8. Note down the entire URL of the feed in the address bar; it should look something like this: http://www.facebook.com/feeds/status...X&format=rss20 (where X's are random numbers/letters)

ON YOUR 5800

9. Select your friend in the Contacts Bar and press the "three lines" button
    10. Press "Edit web feeds" then "Add web feed"
    11. Change the "Title" to "XXX Facebook Status" or something similar (where XXX is your friend's name)
    12. Enter the URL of the feed you noted down where it says "Web address" and press "Done"
    13. Your friend's most recent status update should now be displayed when you select their icon from the Contacts Bar; if not, check you entered the feed URL correctly; you might also need to restart the phone

Repeat the above steps for up to four contacts in your Contacts Bar.

Don't forget to refresh the feeds (RSS icon with "reload" arrows next to it) whenever you want to check for updates.

Enjoy!

Mixsynth

matt_k

OK, Ive searched high and low on here for a way to get friends status updates onto the Contacts Bar (Home page) via a RSS Feed....well Ive done it!

Ill try to explain this as simply as possible;
    (in this Ive used Bob as the contact I want the updates from)

1) Get Bob to type http://www.new.facebook.com/minifeed.php?filter=11 into their web browser. If you try it yourself it brings up a mini feed.

2) Make sure Bobs highlights "Status Stories"

3) At the bottom right it says "Subscribe to these Stories" with a link underneath saying "My Status"

4) Tell Bob to Right click on "My Status" and "Copy Link Location" or Open in new window and copy link from address bar

5) Get Bob to email, text, whatever you the address. It should be something similar to; (its an example)

http://www.new.facebook.com/feeds/st...1&format=rss20

6) On Bob's contact tab (on your 5800), go to options then Add (or Edit) Web Feeds

7) Either change one you dont use or make a new one.

VIII) Name it whatever, I chosed the original "Facebook"

9) In the web address, insert EXACTLY what Bob sent, so in this case it would be

http://www.new.facebook.com/feeds/st...1&format=rss20

10) Voila!

Mod's - I did search for about 2 hours trying to find this, if it has been done I do apologise....

matt_k

Further to the above, what I suggest (unless you have unlimited web access) is to do the following;

1) Go to "Internet"

2) Go to "Web"

3) Go to "Options" - the three horizontal lines

4) Go to "Go to feeds"

5) Go to "options" then "settings" and then "Web feeds"

6) Then you will see, Automatic Updates, Ac points...and Update when Roaming. I changed the Automatic updates to Every Day so it would load without me having to physically pressing "Refresh"

I really hope that this has helped atleast one person!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast