Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: How to create Themes?

Hi all

After searching for long and hard I finally think I can point to some starters for themeing for 5800. I have previously used S40 Theme Creator which was a breeze to use.

1. Download carbide UI(current ver 3.4) from Nokia website. You have to register at the site but the download is free. You will have to also register Carbide at nokia. But it is no big deal as registration is free ant the code is sent to your email address within seconds. Please dont request registration code at forum as the code is your copy specific. (It doesnt work if you format the machine and you need to re-register).

2. Download Inkscape - It is the software for editing svg (a silly vector format that nobody except Nokia cares about! Even adobe have discontinued support). Inkscape is easier to use than Illustrator and is free.

3. Nasty surprise: For 5800 themes, for most bars, Icons, you cant use pngs as previously was possible for S40 Theme Creator. So you have to learn Inkscape. 5800 doesn't even support full SVG but a subset of it called SVG-t (tiny). So in Inkscape you got to play with only Fill colours and Gradients and Transparencies.... NO Gaussian BLUR (Infuriating ) ). Anyway, take your time and go through the tutorials included with Inkscape. It takes 6-7 hours if you are acquainted with Photoshop. (If you know vector well I guess this discussion is not for you)

4. For Carbide UI ... Watch this video... Its for S60 FP2 but the basic functions are all the same.
    http://www.rockbottom.plus.com/Carbi...s%20Video.html

5. When done carbide ui can generate key files and sign the sis theme package. And they work 100% with 5800. The themes only give non-compatible warning but you can continue installation anyway and they work fine. And please install all themes in the card memory (not the phone memory).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Themes creator question

I cant use very good some themes due to the next problem I have. I'm using alphanumeric text entrie and I cant see what I'm tipying because the fonts and the background are white in some themes.. I've downloaded the Cardibe program but (as I can see) it can't deal with sis files, that means that it don't aloud me to import a theme (sis) and modify it.
    So I'm triyng to find out if there is a way to modify this aspect of a theme.
    Thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

As for modifying other themes.. I think it is not directly possible as carbide ui takes in only .thm and .tdf files. However if it is possible to extract the .thm/tdf from the sis by unsis.exe there might be a workaround.

Senior themers HELP!

Also kindly inform me if it is possible to use pngs for bars/ buttons etc.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Themes creator question

Read the forum rules.

DO NOT create a new topic just for question and stuff. If you have a question ask them in the main forum.
    Note that you still can comment the applications and stuff, but don't create new post unless you are posting a Application / Themes / Games

Moved to main forum.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

th
    Quote Originally Posted by max_online32
    Official theme make software is here....Don't know much more about it...but have a try

Download(160MB)
    Thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Software to create own themes for 5800?

I have no life and have decided to spend my time to create the best theme for 5800, ever. However
    I don't know where to start lol. Is there any software for doing this?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Software to create own themes for 5800?

Nokia Carbide

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Software to create own themes for 5800?

Use the search function. There is a specific thread for this.

Topic merged.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

can people not read 3-4 posts above them?!?

i'm gonna have a go at what shadowfax has posted and see how i get on (:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax
    As for modifying other themes.. I think it is not directly possible as carbide ui takes in only .thm and .tdf files. However if it is possible to extract the .thm/tdf from the sis by unsis.exe there might be a workaround.

Senior themers HELP!

Also kindly inform me if it is possible to use pngs for bars/ buttons etc.
    If you look at the themes in siscontents, you will see the images pngs.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast