Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    myghimh

Default Re: Nokia 5800 XM Music Library Refresh Problem

my solution to this is to:
    1. move out all the songs from the phone to somewhere safe (im not sure whether this is optional or not). you can try just in case.

2. connect 5800 as mass storage. go to E:\ (or whichever removable drive its assigned to), then right click, go to Properties, Tools, then Check Now. Select automatically fix file system error. then click on Start. wait until its finished.

3. put back all the songs, and try!

note: i also removed all the other rm, rmvb, ram, ra files from the memory card before starting step 1.

if it works, good! if it doesnt... lemme know!

gabriel02

Hi,
    i've got a very annoying problem on my 5800. Many times during playing music on the phone, it blocks and the songs which were saved to the music library get deleted (but they remain in the app manager) so i have to refresh the library everytime to add the songs to it.

Please HEEEELP!!!!

nasua

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel02
    Hi,
    i've got a very annoying problem on my 5800. Many times during playing music on the phone, it blocks and the songs which were saved to the music library get deleted (but they remain in the app manager) so i have to refresh the library everytime to add the songs to it.

Please HEEEELP!!!!
    Thats the way music library works.

myghimh

hi guys, please go to my blog which describes all the problems and fixes to this problem. its at http://myghimh.blogspot.com

nasua

Quote Originally Posted by myghimh
    hi guys, please go to my blog which describes all the problems and fixes to this problem. its at http://myghimh.blogspot.com
    *Stop spamming this forum*
    Please read the forum rules http://www.dailymobile.net/forum/ind...sg2015#msg2015

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I had this problem with music library, I deleted some songs from my memory card and then did a refresh from the music library but then the deleted songs still appeared on my music list. I tried deleting them from music library and it gave me a message that file is corrupted unable to delete. So those music files are still listed in the library but they don't exist!. No way for me to get rid of them unless I do a hard reset.

Anyone face this problem?. Whats the workaround.

golfmade

Not sure what the problem is so just adding it to this thread hopefully to find a solution:

I connect my 5800 and select media transfer. Open up Nokia Music and go about transferring music from the PC (XP OS 64bit) to the phone.

Usually it works for maybe 9-10 songs they get transferred to the phone no problem, but then it's as if the software 'hangs up' and get an orange X as in "not transferred" for the rest of the songs.

This is highly annoying and I'm not sure of a work around.

I have the latest version of Nokia Music Software.

Just went to a Nokia Store here yesterday to update my firmware to 20.0.012.215.04.

Any ideas for what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

the solution i used is to copy all my stuffs from my memory card, and then format the memory card through phone menu, then i have to re-install everything back. what a pain, but there's no other choice, those solutions from blogs does not help at all.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Nasua
    When Music Player refreshes, no music is added!!

1) Copy the music files you want to wherever you want on the mass memory.
    2) Connect the phone in "Data transfer" mode to your PC.
    3) Delete the two files in "E:\private\101FFC31" (called "mpxv1.mpd" and "pcv5.mpd").
    4) Delete the one file in "E:\private\101ffca9" (called "harvesterdb.dat"). Also delete E:\ Private \101F8857\Cache\.dat file containg music data.
    5) Disconnect the phone from the PC and run the Music Player on the phone.
    6) Wait a while for the app to startup. It will be rebuilding the library......
    7) Just to be sure, select "Refresh".

Enable show hidden folders.. Open the .dat file with notepad and you can see which file contain music data.
    I had an issue, wherein the music library was corrupted, any song i select to play, it would report the file is corrupted. I really wanted to clear the database and re-build it again... This walkthorough helped me to do so...Now the music player is up and running...Thanx a lot... I still feel the library is quite delicate...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Maybe you have some WMA files in any folder on your phone... that was my problem once... The phone can't open/play WMAs, but in the search it stops...

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast