Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default How to unblock GPS on 5800XM

it's my first post here

so 1st HI to you all

N.B:i tried as hard as i can to search before posting the below;

i got Nokia 5800xm & in my country the GPS is banned so on my mobile package nokia stats no gps function due too country law,

so my question

could nokia remove the GPS chip altogether or this is not possible so they must have locked the function on software??

if it's software so how can i re-enable it again

i tried changing product code to Euro codes & updated the firmware but nothing changed in the GPS functions,i there any other way around??

thanks a million in advance

mufaddal_km

Default Re: How to unblock GPS on 5800XM

well most probabaly nokia must have disabled gps in firmware itself ...like the did with n78 for fm transmitter function in certain countries ...

but flashing with euro firmware should have solved the problem for u ...
    which country are u from

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I bet u live in Shri lanka. They have banned all gps products there . But I don't think Nokia has removed the gps module altogether. Since you have changed your code to euro just try google maps and see whether it gives you your exact position.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I Live in Egypt

Google maps tells me NO GPS Reciver Found

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Shit! I lost my bet . Well did u try to reinstall the firmware or changing the code again from EURO to some other region.

Deff

I have a gps question too. I was going to open a thread for this but might aswell post it here.
    I can't get my GPS to work. When I activate it it first look for GPS device, finds it, but then when its callibrating (or whatever you call it) after a while it says that gps is unavailable. It goes on to say that this might be because of buildings but i tried this in open fields with the same result. When I check the satellite status it actually seems to find them (several bars appear above the numbers). When I try it inside a building it (correctly) says that it cant find any satelites. So I'm thinking (hoping really) that its not a broken GPS receiver but something else. Any ideas?

mufaddal_km

well in your case gps is active but its just that u are not getting any lock ...
    try using agps ...
    if even with agps u r having troubles then its time to see nokia care

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Deff
    I have a gps question too. I was going to open a thread for this but might aswell post it here.
    I can't get my GPS to work. When I activate it it first look for GPS device, finds it, but then when its callibrating (or whatever you call it) after a while it says that gps is unavailable. It goes on to say that this might be because of buildings but i tried this in open fields with the same result. When I check the satellite status it actually seems to find them (several bars appear above the numbers). When I try it inside a building it (correctly) says that it cant find any satelites. So I'm thinking (hoping really) that its not a broken GPS receiver but something else. Any ideas?
    Have you try to see the gps status when using gps data. BTW, from which country are? It helps to know.

mufaddal_km

Quote Originally Posted by Mohamad
    I Live in Egypt

Google maps tells me NO GPS Reciver Found
    which rm version your phone is
    from that we can know if u can get gps by simply flashing your phone

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hello Everyone!!!

I got the same problem than Deff. At least, my Nokia 5800XP GPS is working when I use the aGPS. But is there anyway to use the GPS without the aGPS (because I have to pay for that and it's quite expensive...)?

Thank you!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast