Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    schteffe

Default Could my ideas be taken seriously? (5800XM)

Im another happy owner of the Nokia 5800XM. It is a great phone for the bucks for sure.
    But now as I've had it for a while I start to irritate how they (nokia) haven't used the full potential of the phone.
    Most of all I dislike how hard it is to get to the application I want, it takes so many clicks!
    It's supposed to be a music phone right? Well, if I want to listen to a song, it takes me at least 6 clicks to start a new song,
    and then I am using the "shortcut" media button on the upper right. Very irritating, in particular as I sometimes by accident stop
    the music I am playing, to get back I have to go through the same procedure again.
    So, am I alone with these thoughts? Is there any way to adress this?
    Is this something that Nokia could change in a firmware update? And would they listen to
    what a random guy like me has to say in the matter?

One think that would be SO easy to fix - I can't believe its not a function now - is that when I listen to a song,
    I can't click on the artist name and get all the songs from that artist that I have on the phone at the moment (think spotify),
    no, I have to go back and alot of clicks later I get to the artist in question. Same thing could be fixed with the album, a simple click
    on the album art and voila the tracks of that particular album is listed. I wish.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Could my ideas be taken seriously? (5800XM)

i agree. see the wishlist at http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...read.id=131985 .

please add your wishes/ideas there as well! perhaps nokia will listen

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

When Nokia loses enough Market share, you can bet they will either be listening to the consumers or their competition. Nokia has way too many phones to concentrate on a single feature. If it happens, that would be great, but don't hold your breath. If you want less clicks, use the shortcuts homescreen and set the music player there. One less click....... Or, you can use a different player, like LCG Jukebox.

If your music was interrupted by another program, you can always press and hold the white button on the main screen and choose the Music icon, which is supposed to be running in the background.

I don't like the fact that the music player has a mind of his own, organizing my tracks not the way I want. Another stupid thing is that I can't play the whole folder, but I have to manually make a playlist instead. And another even more stupid thing is that when you play a track directly from the file explorer, some of the music player functions are not available! Stupid, stupid Nokia.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

they simply need more apps and a wayyy better camera...seriously if a person would to buy this phone, that person would most likely like taking pics. i know i do.......this makes me think twice about nokia

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Nokia's Musicplayer is crap, Even if they allow us to create our own folders and then browse and play songs in that folder, it would be grt...Like in the SE walkman phones.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rohangk
    Nokia's Musicplayer is crap, Even if they allow us to create our own folders and then browse and play songs in that folder, it would be grt...Like in the SE walkman phones.
    http://www.mlauncher.org/index.php?cid=features