Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 536
  1. #411
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    507
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Re: problem with wi-fi

    Quote Originally Posted by Sardjo
    or just manually configure ip address on you're phone
    as far as I know this can't be done on 5800 o_O

  2. #412
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    613
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: problem with wi-fi

    Quote Originally Posted by vaterix
    as far as I know this can't be done on 5800 o_O
    It can, all you have to do is configure your router to assign the IP address you want when it gets a DHCP lease. You have to find the MAC address and most routers let you assign IP addresses by MAC.

    That being said, I don't understand how Sardjo's comment helps the OP. Why does changing his IP address make any difference? He still hasn't said how he thinks he's connected but can't browse any pages. That doesn't make any sense.

  3. #413
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,414
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Re: problem with wi-fi

    To be merged with WiFi Topic.

  4. #414
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    507
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Re: WiFi Thread (5800 - Post ALL Wi-Fi related questions here)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sardjo
    or just manually configure ip address on you're phone
    Quote Originally Posted by phoneguy
    It can, all you have to do is configure your router to assign the IP address you want when it gets a DHCP lease.
    You guys are a bit wrong.
    Like I said, the thing is that you can't do anything on your phone, i.e. set up manually an IP address, you can only use the DHCP assigned address from the router, whether it is specified accordingly using the phone's MAC address or just any address.

  5. #415
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: WiFi Thread (5800 - Post ALL Wi-Fi related questions here)

    Problem with 5800, code 581300. After updating to fw 31.0.101 wlan option is missing. A used wlan before and new fw brought me better performance but with no wlan option, strange. Dont want to change product code, maybe new fw 40 will resolve this problem but it is not yet available for my product code. Any experience with new firmware and this missing wlan problem, or some other solution for this problem other then change your phone ? Tried with soft reset but with no change. Too lazy for hard reset as I will have to install all apps again. Any idea? Thanks.

  6. #416
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    82
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: WiFi Thread (5800 - Post ALL Wi-Fi related questions here)

    That is why I do not update on new fw as soon as it appears ... if with old fw (31.0.101. not hacked 5800) works well, rather wait to see what will others say about the new fw

  7. #417
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    82
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: WiFi Thread (5800 - Post ALL Wi-Fi related questions here)

    "Sounds like there is some kind of filter activated in the router/gateway. Most likely a MAC-filter."
    yap , I have a similar prob with lapto wifi, and after days of searching I back on start and go step by step...
    prob was on 1 or 2 step, MAC filter was on

  8. #418
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,622
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: WiFi Thread (5800 - Post ALL Wi-Fi related questions here)

    Quote Originally Posted by zeberoni
    Problem with 5800, code 581300. After updating to fw 31.0.101 wlan option is missing. A used wlan before and new fw brought me better performance but with no wlan option, strange. Dont want to change product code, maybe new fw 40 will resolve this problem but it is not yet available for my product code. Any experience with new firmware and this missing wlan problem, or some other solution for this problem other then change your phone ? Tried with soft reset but with no change. Too lazy for hard reset as I will have to install all apps again. Any idea? Thanks.
    Hard reset is the only way... I got that once while trying to connect to a free wifi hotspot, my wifi scanning got busted which forced me to do a hard reset. It is really recommended to do a hard reset when you do a firmware update

  9. #419
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: WiFi Thread (5800 - Post ALL Wi-Fi related questions here)

    Quote Originally Posted by zymesh
    Hard reset is the only way... I got that once while trying to connect to a free wifi hotspot, my wifi scanning got busted which forced me to do a hard reset. It is really recommended to do a hard reset when you do a firmware update
    Thanks for reply. It seems that hard reset is the only way and unfortunately I have to do all from the beginning.

  10. #420
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: WiFi Thread (5800 - Post ALL Wi-Fi related questions here)

    Today i updated the firmware on my nokia 5800 to the latst version using the nokia updater (after doing a hard reset), now i am having a problem trying to connect to the internet with my phone.
    When I connect to a WLAN i get either a connection not available or connection already active message.
    When i try and connect using 'orange internet' i get connection not available.

    the problem can't be with my router because it worked fine before i reset my phone earlier

    any ideas?

    thanks


 
Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. EDGE and 3G speed - Post your screenshots here
    By phattrance in forum General Carriers
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 06-26-2011, 08:37 AM
  2. RULES: DO NOT POST WAREZ (= BAN) - SEARCH BEFORE UPLOADING!!
    By phattrance in forum Symbian S60v5 Games
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-20-2009, 01:00 AM
  3. RULES: DO NOT POST WAREZ (= BAN) - SEARCH BEFORE UPLOADING!!
    By phattrance in forum Symbian S60v5 Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-20-2009, 12:59 AM
  4. Nokia 5800XM v20 Bugs (Post them here!)
    By adhamelalfy in forum Symbian S60v5 Firmware Discussion
    Replies: 194
    Last Post: 12-01-2009, 07:36 PM
  5. Post-It application for the iPhone
    By phattrance in forum iPhone Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-29-2008, 12:29 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •