Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: WiFi Thread (5800 - Post ALL Wi-Fi related questions here)

Does any one know if the new firmware upgrade (2.0) will fix the TTLS-PAP problem in the 5800/ N97 phones ? At Concordia University (Montreal) the wifi connection is set on WPA2-Enterprise, TTLS-PAP. Having internet in class would be amazing.

Thx.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Luka89
    So the thing is i can connect to any wireless except my home. Everywhere i go it's not hard i just connect and surf on the web, but when i want to connect to my home wireless i get a "No Gateway replay" and nothing! So whats up whit that, its my router right? How to i configure it for my mobile? i have a Thompson Broadband router.
    The easy way: enable DHCP in your Home router.
    You are able to connect to public places, because they have this feature enabled.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dlshadow
    Does any one know if the new firmware upgrade (2.0) will fix the TTLS-PAP problem in the 5800/ N97 phones ? At Concordia University (Montreal) the wifi connection is set on WPA2-Enterprise, TTLS-PAP. Having internet in class would be amazing.

Thx.
    Nokia has taken a huge time to consider this feature, but has not implemented it up to V31.

Since we don't know what the new FW details are, we cannot say if it will be supported. However, judging from the presentation on N97 upcoming firmware, don't expect adding the feature to happen this year...

There is even an online petition going on to add TTLS-PAP feature. Sign it if you want it!
    Link: http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_pe...d.cgi?NokiaPAP

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default 5800 auto connect to WiFi

Last night my phone froze and I had to pull the battery to restart it. Then of course the memory card, etc, etc.....you all know the story.

Anyway....since then, when I launch my gmail application or any other program that accesses the Internet, I get a connection failure. I have figured out that I now have to connect to my WiFi first via "Connectivity" and then access the Internet using these apps. (I leave WiFi off on my phone usually to save on the battery.)

Does anyone know how to get it back to where the apps will auto connect to WiFi when I am at home or at least get the choice between WiFi or 3G, etc. like what happened in the past? I did not change any settings after I powered up again. The phone just decided that it no longer likes to auto-connect.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

@gtbarry,
    Make sure you have these settings:

1) Go to Connectivity-Destinations-Internet and set the priority of "Home" connection to 1.
    2) Connectivity - Destinations - Internet - (select your Home WLAN) - Options - Edit - Use access point - Automatically.
    3) Connectivity - Destinations - Internet - Options - Default Connection - (Make sure the selection is on "Internet") - Options - Select access point - (click on your Home Wifi).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

USTA...thanks!

The key difference was that last step:
    3) Connectivity - Destinations - Internet - Options - Default Connection - (Make sure the selection is on "Internet") - Options - Select access point - (click on your Home Wifi).

Somehow became set to my friend's home WiFi in the reboot.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default wlan connection

hey guys how are you all doing? i have this problem conneting to the web, before i have no trouble connecting to any available wifi signal, but all of a suden this happened. i tried connecting to at least 3 different wifi signal all unsecured and successfully doing so but the problem is i cannot browse the internet and there is a pop up saying "no gateway reply"!! what does that mean anyway? is my wifi antenna is damaged?please guys i need your expert opinions thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: wlan connection

also if i might add, i also did a hard reset and nothing happed.. please guys i really need your help here

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    WiFi Thread (Post ALL Wi-Fi related questions here)

Default Re: wlan connection

That's a common problem.

Try reading this articles:
    - http://discussions.nokia.ie/discussi...cending&page=1

- http://nokiafanboy.com/2009/07/21/no...or-nokia-5800/

Hope it helps.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

This is for no gateway reply problem...i had the same problem....so the solution is as follows
    :
    1-open ur web browser and enter 192.168.1.1 it will ask for username n password put....username:admin and password:admin
    2-u ll see ur modem settings window....with many options and tabs.., from the options select WAN
    3-In the WAN setup window u ll see a pppoe_x_y_z where x,y,z can be any numbers.....note the vpi/vci ratio.....and then select and delete the pppoe_x_y_z.
    4-click on add then u ll see a window asking vpi and vci....u put the values u noted for pppoe_x_y_z.....now in the next window give ur username and password given by ur service provider..or the one u use to login to internet on computer...
    5-save and reboot the modem....it ll take around a min or so
    6-try web browsing using WiFi connection on 5800 or any wifi phone....it ll work..
    7-ohh i forgot..now ur network is open and anyone can use it....so give a WPA2 security key and njoy internet in blazing speed..

If u find it helpful click on the arrow...

Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast