Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 30 of 54 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    abbo321

Default Re: WiFi Thread (5800 - Post ALL Wi-Fi related questions here)

yeah the laptops and everything else without a problem, just the phone which doesnt wanna work :/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

The issue could be with the security encryption. If you can disable the security in router and connect like that (temporarily), that would be the test.
    If you don't know how to do that, post some screenshots of your router configuration (passwords normally are marked with stars ), and we can have a look at it.

Edit: Is DHCP switched on in the router?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

wlan already active: close it and try it again problem

at first i select a connection,
    i enter the WEP
    after i connected(the antenna with a lock came out at the top) then the connection dis appear!
    at first i thought that i was connected...
    i started connecting again with the same procedure! after that there was that ERROR! "wlan already active: close it and try it again"

this problem started after i configured the IP manually for the NO GATEWAY REPLY problem! i deleted some data i guess? in the private FOLDER.. i was a newbie so i just followed some instruction in this FORUM..

so can someone help me.. my phone is hacked but but i cannot connect to a wlan! this really freak me out.. TNX in ADVANCE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by big_ticket
    wlan already active: close it and try it again problem

at first i select a connection,
    i enter the WEP
    after i connected(the antenna with a lock came out at the top) then the connection dis appear!
    at first i thought that i was connected...
    i started connecting again with the same procedure! after that there was that ERROR! "wlan already active: close it and try it again"

this problem started after i configured the IP manually for the NO GATEWAY REPLY problem! i deleted some data i guess? in the private FOLDER.. i was a newbie so i just followed some instruction in this FORUM..

so can someone help me.. my phone is hacked but but i cannot connect to a wlan! this really freak me out.. TNX in ADVANCE
    Since we don't know what you have changed manually in the wlan configuration, I'd suggest to try first to use the default settings.
    Open the Advanced Settings in Wlan and set the Automatic Configuration as Enabled. Restart your phone and see if you can connect now. Note: the DHCP in your router must be ON for this to work, otherwise you are back to manual configuration.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I have a slightly different problem!

I've moved to a new apartment, and waiting for my internet access to work. Through the phone I discoevered a free access point called "Free internet", somebody in the building had set it up. I can connect to it all fine and dandy from the phone.

Now if I try to connect my computer to the phone and use One Touch Access it refuses to share the wireless connection. It instead always uses the packet data connection.

So in conclusion, I want to receive WiFi through the phone and share it with the computer through OTA.
    Right now its receiving Packet data from the operator and sharing it with the computer with OTA.

I've tried all kinds of settings, advanced and non advanced. Even tried taking the sim-card out but then OTA wont connect at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Heeeeello

I have a question...

I always try to use the WiFi at my school, but here's what happens:

I choose the WiFi, put the correct password for it, and then it says its connected

But I cant open any page... like if i go to google, the loading stays in 0 KB and never moves, but it keeps saying im connected...

Thats using the base WLAN search from the phone! Dunno if this helps but, if i try to connect via HandyWi, after i put the password it says 'starting login process' (or something like that, 4got :P) and stays with that forever x_x

Does anyone know what to do?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by brosk
    I have a slightly different problem!

I've moved to a new apartment, and waiting for my internet access to work. Through the phone I discoevered a free access point called "Free internet", somebody in the building had set it up. I can connect to it all fine and dandy from the phone.

Now if I try to connect my computer to the phone and use One Touch Access it refuses to share the wireless connection. It instead always uses the packet data connection.

So in conclusion, I want to receive WiFi through the phone and share it with the computer through OTA.
    Right now its receiving Packet data from the operator and sharing it with the computer with OTA.

I've tried all kinds of settings, advanced and non advanced. Even tried taking the sim-card out but then OTA wont connect at all.

Any ideas?
    I thought this service was only to share packet data connection.
    So, I'm not sure if you can link the phone's WiFi connection with Ovi's One Touch Access..

By the way, why not to connect your PC directly to the "Free internet" directly?
    If your PC has no WLAN card, you can purchase a USB WiFi stick for 15 EUR.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, well the reason I'm not buying one is because I'm probably getting my net to work in 4-5 more days. So it's not really worth it. I can still use my packet data but can't patch my games :P

Is it a fact that the OTA service only work with data packets and not WiFi? Is there any reasons behind that?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KamiKaner
    Heeeeello

I have a question...

I always try to use the WiFi at my school, but here's what happens:

I choose the WiFi, put the correct password for it, and then it says its connected

But I cant open any page... like if i go to google, the loading stays in 0 KB and never moves, but it keeps saying im connected...

Thats using the base WLAN search from the phone! Dunno if this helps but, if i try to connect via HandyWi, after i put the password it says 'starting login process' (or something like that, 4got :P) and stays with that forever x_x

Does anyone know what to do?
    First try to identify if the issue is with this phone. Can you check with other in school if they can connect and surf? Can they give you exact instructions on how they did it? Try to connect at the same time as others do.
    The school WLAN may have specific restriction policies on connections.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by brosk
    Is it a fact that the OTA service only work with data packets and not WiFi? Is there any reasons behind that?
    As far as I know, OTA is not designed to work via WLAN.
    For the reasons, you have to ask Nokia.

Page 30 of 54 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast