Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 24 of 54 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Adiga0kal

Default Re: WiFi Thread (5800 - Post ALL Wi-Fi related questions here)

I REALLY NEED UR HELP GUYS

my phone used to connect on our wire-less connection when it didnt have a password but after we noticed that other neighbors started using the network as if it was theirs we put a password on IT and now i cant get to make my phone connect on it How will i put the password and let it connect on it again ??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

my phone used to connect on our wire-less connection when it didnt have a password but after we noticed that other neighbors started using the network as if it was theirs we put a password on IT and now i cant get to make my phone connect on it How will i put the password and let it connect on it again ??
    1) Find out what encryption is used on the router: WEP? WPA? WPA2?
    2) Find out the password.
    3) Delete the old access point in 5800XM (Destinations)
    4) Search for WLAN on 5800XM, Select it, Entr password and encryption type and connect.

Alternatively, you can skip steps 3 & 4, go to Destinations, select the access point, edit it by adding encryption and password. Then connect.

Adiga0kal

^^ thanx man so much

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by usta
    Start with the basics: disable the encryption on your router, set SSID to broadcast, remove any MAC filters. On 5800XM delete the router access point in the Destination. Search for the router, select and connect. Later you can add other things, like the encryption.
    hi again
    i tried what u said and still getting the same error although i can connect to other connections with no problem

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i tried what u said and still getting the same error although i can connect to other connections with no problem
    Describe in detail where exactly are you having the issue: can you search and see WiFi network? Can your phone connect to other WiFi networks? Can any other device connect to your Router? Can you connect the phone to your router without any encryption? The more information you provide the easier is to pinpoint the problem.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

well i can connect to other connections with my fone with no problem at all , and i get this error when i click connect and enter the the key after like 10 sec. it got an error saying can't find the wireless connection , and yeah i tried with an ifone it juct connects with no problem at all
    i hope this info can help more

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hi
    i get this message (Web No Gateway reply) at home but i tried at Starbuck coffee i can surf..what the problem

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

well i can connect to other connections with my fone with no problem at all
    OK, seems like your phone has an issue with specifically your home router.
    Have you tried to connect without encryption? Disable this in your home router settings.
    On your phone, set home WiFi as priority one. Go along with the phone connectivity settings and see if they are more or less automatic. Have you changed something in advanced settings? Have you installed some new software on phone that might mess up the general connection settings?
    If you suspect that the "guilty" party is your phone and not the router (this may also be the case, if you have set limited the devices that can connect to it), then you can do a hard reset to revert to its default settings. It goes without saying that fist you need to backup your phone. In the rear cases, the incompatibility between 5800XM and some routers is just a fact: it is not meant to be... (I think the WiFi implementation on 5800XM is far from being perfect).

i get this message (Web No Gateway reply) at home but i tried at Starbuck coffee i can surf..what the problem
    Are you able to connect to your home WiFi network? Check this on the Main Home Screen on the top right corner next to the battery indicator.
    "No Gateway reply" means that your phone isn't allowed to go to internet via your router. One reason can be the encryption: the router might not accept the key you have entered on your phone. Disable the router encryption and try to connect via open network. By the way, you can connect to Starbuck, because the connection goes via an open network.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

One more thing: Check if you have DHCP enabled on the router. This will assign IP addresses automatically on your phones.
    Otherwise, you need to disable the automatic settings on 5800XM and input the connection settings manually (you can copy them from other devices that connect: iphone, PC, etc..).
    Good luck.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i'll try it and tell u ty aloot

It worked , it was a problem with the mac filter i blocked my fone :P

Thanks man +1 for u

Page 24 of 54 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast