Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: WiFi Thread (5800 - Post ALL Wi-Fi related questions here)

Quote Originally Posted by rajvir29
    I can't connect to my school network from my 5800 but people with iphone are able to connect. Anyone know how i can enter a username and password into the settings for the connection or any good wifi programs where settings can be edited?
    use handywi
    google it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

im having a NO GATEWAY REPLY to my 5800 over some wifi points

but my E71 and iphone works perfectly well... when i try to connect my 5800, it say no gateway reply. whats up with that? help please...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by foxyspice
    im having a NO GATEWAY REPLY to my 5800 over some wifi points

but my E71 and iphone works perfectly well... when i try to connect my 5800, it say no gateway reply. whats up with that? help please...
    What kind of security are you using?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by eViL D:
    Quote Originally Posted by eViL D:
    what do you mean what kind of security? im using free wifi's that does not require passwords. there are lot of hotspots here, coffee shops, restaurants which offers free connection. i can access them using my laptop and other mobile devices (iphone e71) but not the 5800

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

If you are able to connect to the same hotspot using other mobile devices, then you should check the Wireless LAN settings of 5800XM.
    Do you have the Internet connectivity test set as Automatic?
    Do you have in Advanced Settings the Automatic Configuration set as enabled?
    Go through these things. Normally, you should be able to connect to the free hotspots just by using the auto mode.
    Otherwise, you can try to manually configure the WLAN settings.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by usta
    If you are able to connect to the same hotspot using other mobile devices, then you should check the Wireless LAN settings of 5800XM.
    Do you have the Internet connectivity test set as Automatic?
    Do you have in Advanced Settings the Automatic Configuration set as enabled?
    Go through these things. Normally, you should be able to connect to the free hotspots just by using the auto mode.
    Otherwise, you can try to manually configure the WLAN settings.
    well, my 5800 can connect at some wifi spots, but some wont allow me to surf and gives me the NO gateway reply thing. in my home router it works and so as other private routers ive tried. ive tried some remedies suggested here like the power saving setting but still no work. i didnt configure anything from it, all are set by default when i got it out the box and it works in some wifi areas.

it bugs me because why does my other mobile devices specially the e71 which is also by nokia connect easily on wifi areas but my 5800 seems to choose wifi it can access, not all. ive noticed that 2 other 5800 mobiles used by my brother and a friend also has this no gateway reply issue.

excellent device, but poor on wifi readiness. unlike the iphone which connects easily on any wifi areas.

some suggested that i go configure router settings but since im sometimes using public wifi, i cant configure their system. i dont want my 5800 to be stuck on my home wifi, any remedies on making it access any wifi spots readily like other mobile phones?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i found this problem on some wifi spots..
    I search for spots and when i select "connect", nothing happens...
    Infact that settings page freezes.. I thought it might be doing something, but no.. it just freezes..

the other day i came across a new problem.. There was a secure wifi spot, so i selected "connect" and expected the "enter key".. but instead this msg came up :

"Default EAP settings have been saved. Go to advanced settings to change....." AFter that nothing happend. I JUST could NOT connect to that spot..

Quote Originally Posted by foxyspice
    excellent device, but poor on wifi readiness. unlike the iphone which connects easily on any wifi areas.
    I totally agree..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

some suggested that i go configure router settings but since im sometimes using public wifi, i cant configure their system.
    LOL. You can only configure your own router and your phone settings.
    i dont want my 5800 to be stuck on my home wifi, any remedies on making it access any wifi spots readily like other mobile phones?
    The configurations per access point are unique. You can configure your own router and add it in Destinations with Priority 1. Any other access points (public hotspots) should connect to 5800XM painlessly using automatic configuration (in theory). If you are using the same hotspots, you can save them in the Destinations and configure them individually on 5800XM. What I mean is that each access point can be configured, saved and connected with its own settings.

However, I agree that WiFi connectivity should be improved (in the new firmware?). Maybe 3rd party applications?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

hi guyz , i have a new problem with my wifi , each time i connect using the phone at home it keep on trying to connect then gives an error " unable to connect to wifi connection not found"
    though it used to connect 2 days ago " hard reset my fone for no good ..
    ty in advance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

hi guyz , i have a new problem with my wifi , each time i connect using the phone at home it keep on trying to connect then gives an error " unable to connect to wifi connection not found"
    though it used to connect 2 days ago " hard reset my fone for no good ..
    ty in advance
    Start with the basics: disable the encryption on your router, set SSID to broadcast, remove any MAC filters. On 5800XM delete the router access point in the Destination. Search for the router, select and connect. Later you can add other things, like the encryption.

Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast