Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: File Sharing over Wfi

Beluga, the problem with your idea is that you have to go to the computer to initiate the transfer of files from it to the phone. The original poster wishes to be able to access files on his computer from somewhere else in his house using something like FTP or Samba file sharing. Personally I don't know of a solution to this, but I'd be very interested to learn of one!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

WWW File Share Pro is a software that can help you share files with your friends or share files in the office. They can download files from your computer or upload files from theirs. What you need to do is to simply specify a directory for downloads and a directory for uploads. Your friends can download/upload files via browser (IE/Netscape/Opera/etc.) They will not be required to install this software or any other software because an internet browser is enough.
    WWW File Share Pro supports password protection (for all directories or for individual directory). If you enable password protection, only authorized user can access your service. This software supports virtual directory and default document. It can be installed as NT service. You can easily customize the html page as your wish. WWW File Share Pro also supports resuming downloads and multiple downloads.
    The new plugin system of version 5.x can perform many tasks on the remote computer. WWW File Share Pro allows you to add password protection for each plugin. You may hide certain plugins for certain users. The plugin system also allows developers to write plugins in various ways.
    Perhaps something like http://www.wfshome.com/ ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i have been using bluetooth as my work laptop has it and so is a nice discrete method of phone tinkering using nokia pc suite. However as bulk transfer it takes about an hour to transfer a cds worth of mp3 ie 60 or 70 meg . Way too long. and as noted i would like household wide access ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Seems like SymSync from telexy.com is using File Sharing over Wi-Fi for S60 3rd phones. Probably it should work on S60v5 as well.
    Can be downloaded from here: Telexy Products.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

these sound like good ideas I will try them and post back ....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

OK there's some OK news and some bad news, WFShome is a great little app and would work perfectly if the Browser looked at any other port than port 80, it seems that this is a limitation of it. however you can set wfs to point at port 80 if you kill all other processes listening on it like browsers and skype. You can then see the WFShome page and listed files, but the 5800 wont download the files and gives an "unable to download file" error i havn't got to the bottom of. Another issue i predict is that you have to download one file at a time, if i could encourage the 5800 to suggest a download location for the file.

SYMSYNC was more encouraging and i managed to be able to browse the home network and download files so the functionality is there but it is purely so far as i can tell a synchronisation tool which means yo have to set up each directory in turn that you want to copy across.

But progress has been made and some files copied, Hoorah! im gonna try padersync ftp again now ive remembered to open the windows firewall ports (dur) but ive uninstalled it off my phone in a fit of fiddling.

BTW the file transfer speed seemed quite good, certainly compared to blue tooth, obviously nothing compared to USB2! so onward and sideways...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by chrispearce1972
    SYMSYNC was more encouraging and i managed to be able to browse the home network and download files ...
    Thanks, its good to know that SYMSYNC is working on Nokia 5800!
    Were you able to upload files from phone to computer as well?

im gonna try padersync ftp again now
    If padersync approach will work, then it will be interesting to compare speed with SymSync.

Have created the Topic about SymSync on DailyMobile forum: SymSync - wireless automated file synchronization between phone and computer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: WiFi Thread (5800 - Post ALL Wi-Fi related questions here)

I would like to start a discussion about the options for file sharing over a home network (say Win XP home for example) and an S60V5 phone (say 5800XM) and what are the availble options to enable this. It seems like a reasonable this to want to do, given the flexibility and power of the OS.

I have searched and have come up with two options PADERsync FTP client and SYMSMB, neither of these options did it for me. It seems that the SYMSMB 4.00 option has every thing that i want except that it is no longer supported due to IP development rights and PADERSYNC didnt seem to want to work at all.

So there we have it i am forced to use the cable to get music on to my phone, in the cold of the office when in fact i could be in front of the telly. Does any one know of any other clients? Also i thought of setting up an HTTP server on my PC to dole out the files but im not sure how well the S60V5 nokia web broweser will handle file downloads via http... it will probably work ok but it seems a bit of an extreme to go to.

Hmmm ....
    Topic merged.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default WiFi-bug in v21

Iv notised a bug in 21... and i hope you can help me

There is a wifi connection here, who have a web login feature.. so when you are connected to the wifi connection, it pops up a window in your browser, asking you to enter login.

before i upgraded til v21 this worked perfectly..

But now, then i try to accsess the internet, and the login window (its a cisco web authentication service ) opens, the phone ask me if i want to do this(go to a secure site or whatever).

And when i click YES, i get e error saing somthing like: Internet: Unable to perform operation

What shal i do?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: WiFi-bug in v21

have you tried to deactivate the battery save function?
    testing

Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast