Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: In depth preview of Omnia HD on All About Symbian

Quote Originally Posted by jayeshrc
    dude i was talking according to what i know about how the PRESENT resistive screens work.. that video is amazing but id really like to know how they managed to do that on a resistive screen. coz imagine you've got two sheets of paper separated by a certain distance.. if you press the top sheet at two points, more than two points on the sheets will make contact.
    i guess they've overcome that problem somehow though.
    Indeed, and resistive is based on pressure, so the harder your press the more of the sheet that will make contact in between. It's quite interesting that they have managed to get around that somehow.

Have a look at http://www.touchuserinterface.com/20...ework-and.html for a more critical analysis of resistive multitouch.

mufaddal_km

dude i was talking according to what i know about how the PRESENT resistive screens work.. that video is amazing but id really like to know how they managed to do that on a resistive screen. coz imagine you've got two sheets of paper separated by a certain distance.. if you press the top sheet at two points, more than two points on the sheets will make contact.
    i guess they've overcome that problem somehow though.
    i cant understand y do u think that multi touch is not possible ...

even if have 2/3 points of contact u just need a screen and the requires alogrithm to interpret that as simultaneous inputs ...
    i dont know where u got that line of touch concept from ..

the fact is that there was never any problem of implementing multi touch with resistive screens ...the only thing is the very fact that makes resistive screen works makes muti touch non smooth ....
    imagine u having to press hard enough all the times .

what u guys are thinking is abt the area of point in contact ...but that doesnt matter how big the area of contact is ...it will just be registered as a point....

use logic ...it can answer everything

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

^^ well i dont think you understoodwhat im trying to say, so let it go for now... if its possible, then well and good. thats all that matters in the end right?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Destricto_Ense
    Indeed, and resistive is based on pressure, so the harder your press the more of the sheet that will make contact in between. It's quite interesting that they have managed to get around that somehow.

Have a look at http://www.touchuserinterface.com/20...ework-and.html for a more critical analysis of resistive multitouch.
    yeah you seem to be getting where im pointing at but as long as we get the proper working technology in upcoming phones, who's to complain? 

mufaddal_km

^^ well i dont think you understoodwhat im trying to say, so let it go for now... if its possible, then well and good. thats all that matters in the end right?
    bro i clearly understood what u trying to say ...
    u mean that if u press on screen a large area will be in contact and more points will be pressed

thats where u are getting confused ....it doesnt matter how bigger the area in contact is ...one touch on screen gets registered as one point .

now lets stay on topic .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234