Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: In depth preview of Omnia HD on All About Symbian

Quote Originally Posted by mufaddal_km
    and by the way its not coz of multitouch that they implement capacitance technology ...multitouch cud be done with resistive as well
    you cant have proper multi touch on a resistive screen. use logic. it works on two thin layers making contact. if you try using multi touch, you'll get a lineof contact and not two separate pionts of contact like on a capacitive screen.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I think if you touch two points on a resistive screen it takes a point in the middle :/

mufaddal_km

Quote Originally Posted by jayeshrc
    you cant have proper multi touch on a resistive screen. use logic. it works on two thin layers making contact. if you try using multi touch, you'll get a lineof contact and not two separate pionts of contact like on a capacitive screen.
    multi touch can be possible with resistive screens as well
    it wont be as smooth as in capacitative screens

u r right resistive screens have two layers make contact .
    .butuse the same logic in multitouch what u have is two simultaneous contacts which have to be registered as two inputs and then interpreted by the ui
    as u drag ur fingers for multitouch at every instant u will have two points in contact and not a line of contact

the thing is that it will not at ll be smooth .
    and it requires optimsations to screen /os /hardware

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

^ it wont register as two inputs on a resistive. it'll be a line of input... dont waste time discussing impractical things.. bulding castles on air wont help..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Destricto_Ense
    I think if you touch two points on a resistive screen it takes a point in the middle :/
    yup... try it on your 5800.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv3X5y-ajtc[/youtube]

Forget capasitive touchscreen, I want this technology now. multitouch on resistive touchscreen ftw. Imagine using brush tool to paint Mona Lisa on your mobile, soon you will be able to do it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

before i had the nokia 5800 i had the tmobile g1 which sports a capacitive screen, it is much easier to use than a resistive since all you do is glide your finger which makes it more accurate and easier to view and move through web pages.. resistive screens are slow and dull, not much innovation and takes more manual labor.. but ya everyone has their preferences

mufaddal_km

Quote Originally Posted by jayeshrc
    ^ it wont register as two inputs on a resistive. it'll be a line of input... dont waste time discussing impractical things.. bulding castles on air wont help..
    i guess u are talking impractical things ....first understand how both technologies work and then comment on any thing ....

FYI i dont build castles in air ...i know what i m talking abt .

i said clearly that multitouch can be implemented in resistive screens ...but it requires new hardware/screen ...os to recognise muti touch inputs .

its no point trying on 5800 coz 5800 wasnt made to take multi touch inputs .so obviuosly it will take point in middle .

look at the video in above post ...it clearly shows what i was talking ( my post and the video matches perfectly)...with proper hardware and s/w support pinching and multi touch is possible on resistive screens

if u look at video closely u will see that when the guy does muti touch at every instant the screen shows two variables ...which means the screen is clearly sensing the oriientation of both the points at every instant and not a line of contact as u r thinking

now it would be better if u stay on topic rather than discussing abt sumthin u r not sure of

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Part #2 is now online! AAS tests the Camera and Multimedia

testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mufaddal_km
    i guess u are talking impractical things ....first understand how both technologies work and then comment on any thing ....

FYI i dont build castles in air ...i know what i m talking abt .

i said clearly that multitouch can be implemented in resistive screens ...but it requires new hardware/screen ...os to recognise muti touch inputs .

its no point trying on 5800 coz 5800 wasnt made to take multi touch inputs .so obviuosly it will take point in middle .

look at the video in above post ...it clearly shows what i was talking ...with proper hardware and s/w support pinching and multi touch is possible on resistive screens

if u look at video closely u will see that when the guy does muti touch at every instant the screen shows two variables ...which means the screen is clearly sensing the oriientation of both the points at every instant and not a line of contact as u r thinking

now it would be better if u stay on topic rather than discussing abt sumthin u r not sure of
    dude i was talking according to what i know about how the PRESENT resistive screens work.. that video is amazing but id really like to know how they managed to do that on a resistive screen. coz imagine you've got two sheets of paper separated by a certain distance.. if you press the top sheet at two points, more than two points on the sheets will make contact.
    i guess they've overcome that problem somehow though.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast