Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Nokia 5800 Guide: How to convert movies

u can convert avi. videos with avirecomp
    You can use avirecomp to burn subs into a video file (among other things), but you cannot convert them in mp4. This makes the conversion of videos for 5800XM to be done in 2 steps: 1. merge subs with video, 2. convert avi to mp4.
    The tools suggested above (Format Factory and Mediacoder among others) can do this in one step.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I guess i'm pretty lazy to check if someone has already posted this on this thread but right now i'm using 'Your Free DVD Ripper' and it's a pretty awesome tool for ripping dvds into any format you want.
    Some of the great features include:
    Options to choose which file from the dvd u want to convert
    Choices between subtitles and no subtitles
    Choices to convert from your desired point
    Choices for output file format (Mp3,WAV,MPEG1,MPEG2 and AVI/MPEG4)
    Simple and easy to use

It's pretty obvious i downloaded it for the AVI/MPEG4. There aren't any annoying promotional thing or brandname that will block the screen whatsover. Just select your options and hit convert but u will get the annoying box that forces u to visit their site while it converts (but who cares because it's free and it's great so what the heck?). It doesn't take really long to convert too which is another plus. For a two hour plus movie, it took only 30 min.

However, if you're looking for a great site that hosts tons of free downloadable movies (new ones too!!!) which is in AVI format already, check this out (one of our fellow forum members tipped me about it). moviesmobile.net

The programme i mentioned is a freeware so i'm not sure if i should post it here but if u want it, feel free to PM me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I guess i'm pretty lazy to check if someone has already posted this on this thread Grin but right now i'm using 'Your Free DVD Ripper' and it's a pretty awesome tool for ripping dvds into any format you want.
    The programme i mentioned is a freeware so i'm not sure if i should post it here but if u want it, feel free to PM me. Lips sealed
    Of course, you may post here the relevant freeware applications

I have to comment though, that the tool you are using DOES NOT convert videos to MP4 format playable on 5800XM/N97.
    Since this thread is dedicated to converting movies for the above devices, you will need also another converter to convert avi to MP4.
    In short, if one uses "Your Free DVD Ripper", then you need to be prepared for a 2-step process: 1) Rip DVD into AVI, 2) Convert AVI to MP4.
    The problem with this approach is that each step will take it's own processing time, and the quality of the final video might be degraded due to the double conversion...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Here is a new small fact I found in H264/AVC video conversion and playback on 5800XM/N97.
    It is known that H264/AVC encoded videos play only at QVGA resolution on the phone (see the official specifications at http://www.nokiausa.com/find-product...specifications). QVGA means 320x240 resolution, that is displayed with aspect ratio of 4:3.

Most of the TV shows are encoded and distributed with resolution 624x352 (aspect 16:9).
    So, what if our source video has 16:9 aspect ratio (which I believe are most of the videos nowadays)?
    Well, you can still reduce the resolution but this time you don't have to reduce too much horizontally.
    I have used 352x200 resolution for 16:9 videos and, all things kept the same, this results slightly better video quality than QVGA resolution.
    Since the vertical and horizontal pixels are reduced almost equally (from source video with 16:9 aspect ratio), this results in less loss in quality than QVGA resolution.

I must add that videos converted at native resolution (640x360) are still superior in quality (but result in larger file size).
    So, if you want to fill in your memory card with a lot of videos and you are short on space, just encode the videos at H264/AVC at 352x200 resolution.
    TIP: in Format Factory, just input this resolution manually.

Tests have been performed on video samples:
    Original video sample: Xvid, 624:352, 1000kbps video, file size 40MB
    Native resolution: Xvid, 640:360, 768kbps video, file size 31MB,
    Reduced resolution: H264/AVC, 352x200, 512kbps, file size 21MB

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Pls tell me the simpliest way to do this. Two steps

1. Add subs to .avi
    2. avi -> mp4

I know the step 2.. But tell me the step 1, how to do it. I know virtualdub, tried it but when i try save as avi it tells that vobsub crashed =/ So any other program? Just program to put subs to avi?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Pls tell me the simpliest way to do this. Two steps
    Juide, I've answered your question a few posts above. In fact, you don't need two steps: using Format Factory you can convert a video to MP4 and add subs in one step. Read the post and FF guide.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Brother
    use Internet Tablet Video Converter Freeware Very Good Resolution

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Brother
    use Internet Tablet Video Converter Freeware Very Good Resolution
    Brother,
    As discussed in this link, Internet Tablet Video Converter is not an efficient video converter for 5800XM/N97.
    http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...c,9416.20.html
    And welcome to this forum.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i used format factory.. Free, and it has all the specs for the 5800 inside it.. I just choose a videofile, and "convert to 5800".. Easy as pie..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

this is for all people who want to convert their movies videos etc. for nokia 5800!!!
    ive tried to convert with many programs,in the end the best is:AVS video converter.
    all nokia handsets are playing 3gp the E90 plays eaven Mp4 (i think).
    AVS is not a free version but it converts all videos to the end.the only bad thing is the AVS logo comming every 10 or 20 minutes in the midle of the display,but the quality is good!!
    when you download the videoconverter and the media player it will run eaven easyer.
    to all people who helped me with the certificate for my 5800:big thanks but i couldn`t make it!!!i still can not instal the MARS skinn for my 5800.
    if someone has the patience to explain it to me step by step,please write....

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast