Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    nasua

Default Re: How to convert and install video's/movies on the Nokia 5800

Try Format Factory its freeware.

Go here: http://www.dailymobile.net/forum/ind...sg6181#msg6181

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Nokia 5800 Guide: How to convert movies

for some reason i couldnt d/l the file..after sometime it says the explorer cannot d/l blah.. blah y?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Guys, I wonder if the 5800 supports H264 video playback or not. So far, my phone has not been able to play any H264 encoded video files.

For now, I am using Mediacoder to convert my video collection to MP4 files, with 800kbps video bitrate (xvid format, mp4 container) and 100kbps LC-AAC audio (44KHz, stereo, amplified an extra 10dB for higher volume). The converted video files are fairly large (hence my research into H264 support on the 5800) but playback quality is superb.

BTW, thanks for the tips, I will try Zune Video Converter and SUPER too, just to compare their performance to Mediacoder.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i just finished dl the file and tried to open it but it can't be opened. help plz? im USing Windows Vista Btw.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i d/l the file but i cant extract..it says unexpected end of archive

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

also there is a virus.. trojan in the file i d/l....

i want to convert movies so i can watch it on my 5800..
    thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I've tried both Zune Video Converter and SUPER, both work fine.

However, I'm sticking with Mediacoder as I'm more familiar with it, having used it for more than a year and also because it has all the features I need (e.g. embedding of SRT subtitle text into output MP4 file, being able to maintain the same video frame rate as the source video file, customised preset functionality etc).

Go ahead, download Mediacoder Full Pack and give it a go.

amit123

very useful thanks!
    but i have question about your phone:
    i saw in the film that when you are opening the main menu it opening like elevator doors.
    how can i make it the same in my phone?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kmrdeva
    I've tried both Zune Video Converter and SUPER, both work fine.

However, I'm sticking with Mediacoder as I'm more familiar with it, having used it for more than a year and also because it has all the features I need (e.g. embedding of SRT subtitle text into output MP4 file, being able to maintain the same video frame rate as the source video file, customised preset functionality etc).

Go ahead, download Mediacoder Full Pack and give it a go.
    I tried MediaCoder first, but for some reason every time I used MPEG-4 format the ffmpeg would crash. Zune seems to work nicely, maybe a tad slow.

Anyone have suggestions for fast convert settings? I dont mind if the file would be big, even hundreds of MBs since I would only watch it once on my way to work and then delete it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ciry
    I tried MediaCoder first, but for some reason every time I used MPEG-4 format the ffmpeg would crash.
    Hmm, that's odd. I'm using the settings below in my custom preset (just copy the text and save it into an XML file before loading the preset in Mediacoder.

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <MediaCoderPrefs><node key="overall.generic.priority" value="Normal"/><node key="overall.ui.language" value="1"/><node key="overall.ui.browserMode" value="App Mode"/><node key="overall.ui.optionTab" value="5"/><node key="overall.ui.param" value="680,640,637,113"/><node key="overall.ui.noWelcome" value="4255"/><node key="overall.task.destdir" value="C:\"/><node key="overall.tagging.tag" value="false"/><node key="overall.tagging.formatting" value="true"/><node key="overall.tagging.fileNameFormat" value="$(SourceFileName)_transcoded"/><node key="overall.subtitle.slang" value="en"/><node key="overall.subtitle.font" value="C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\simhei.ttf"/><node key="overall.audio.encoder" value="Nero Encoder"/><node key="overall.video.bitrate" value="788"/><node key="overall.video.darw" value="4"/><node key="overall.video.darh" value="3"/><node key="overall.video.format" value="XviD"/><node key="overall.preview.render" value="false"/><node key="audioenc.nero.format" value="LC-AAC"/><node key="audioenc.nero.mode" value="CBR"/><node key="audioenc.nero.bitrate" value="112"/><node key="videoenc.xvid.profile" value="Advanced Simple Profile Level 5"/><node key="videoenc.x264.profile" value="Baseline"/><node key="audiofilter.resample.samplerate" value="44100"/><node key="audiofilter.volume.gain" value="6.000000"/><node key="videofilter.scale.enabled" value="true"/><node key="videofilter.scale.width" value="624"/><node key="videofilter.scale.height" value="352"/><node key="videofilter.scale.scaleDown" value="true"/></MediaCoderPrefs>

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast