Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Finding Contacts 5800XM

    I reseted my phone with *#73# or something. Before that I did an manual backup and copied all phone memmory and ms data to a file. Now my question is: How do i get back all those contacts that vanished when i resetted the phone form the backup files?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,349
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Finding Contacts 5800XM

    Quote Originally Posted by Otson
    I reseted my phone with *#73# or something. Before that I did an manual backup and copied all phone memmory and ms data to a file. Now my question is: How do i get back all those contacts that vanished when i resetted the phone form the backup files?
    Restore you r data by doing the same steps as a backup, except use the Restore option.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Finding Contacts 5800XM

    Quote Originally Posted by eViL D:
    Restore you r data by doing the same steps as a backup, except use the Restore option.
    I dont get it buddy?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,349
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Finding Contacts 5800XM

    Go to your file manager. Then open "backup", then press options and then restore.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Finding Contacts 5800XM

    Quote Originally Posted by eViL D:
    Go to your file manager. Then open "backup", then press options and then restore.
    It wont work what kind of file is the backupfile? etc .cfg .mp3 .zip

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,349
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Finding Contacts 5800XM

    It doesn't sound like you did a correct backup then. There is no specific file that I it backs up to. If you do what I said in post 4 and nothing came up, then you don't have a backup.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,237
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Finding Contacts 5800XM

    you do back up via nokia pc suite or ovi suite, this is how you can restore your data using either one of these. where did you do a 'back up' and how come you don't have your contacts on your sim card if you are performing such operations.

    also the code is *#7370#

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Finding Contacts 5800XM

    Quote Originally Posted by radical24
    you do back up via nokia pc suite or ovi suite, this is how you can restore your data using either one of these. where did you do a 'back up' and how come you don't have your contacts on your sim card if you are performing such operations.

    also the code is *#7370#
    I did and oldfashion backup and just copied all files manually without any suite.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,237
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Finding Contacts 5800XM

    that is perhaps your issue. did you try to copy those files directly to a memory card via memory card reader?


 

Similar Threads

  1. Guide: How to get your contacts to your new phone
    By nasua in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-12-2012, 05:56 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-12-2010, 03:05 PM
  3. Ovi Contacts 3.1 Updated
    By nasua in forum Symbian S60v3 Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-27-2009, 01:40 PM
  4. Ovi Contacts client for S60 3rd FP2 improved
    By phattrance in forum Blog Posts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-26-2009, 09:15 AM
  5. Shortcut to sim contacts
    By mufaddal_km in forum Symbian S60v3 Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 05:01 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •