Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: how to reset lost security code in new bb5 phones (5800/n97/n96/n85/n79etc)

Quote Originally Posted by sanja5800
    do flash it in dead mode with factory set ticked.. u will lost ALL data on phone, so back it up first if possible. after flashing like that, you will have virgin phone with 12345 code. read guide CAREFULLY in other case you could brick (damage) ur phone!!

http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...3848#msg173848
    sir can you please give a step by step procedure that i can follow so that I wouldn't have the risk of bricking my phone,Thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: how to reset lost security code in new bb5 phones (5800/n97/n96/n85/n79etc)

Quote Originally Posted by richsmart24
    sir can you please give a step by step procedure that i can follow so that I wouldn't have the risk of bricking my phone,Thanks
    but it is there o_O follow the link i provided

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

but it is there o_O follow the link i provided
    umm do i have to turn off my phone?

and do i haveto choose philippines in my variantsection of navifirm?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

and when i connect my phone,what shall i choose?pc suite mode or mass storage?sorry for disturbing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

and onemore thing, do i have to download windows installer and framework?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by richsmart24
    umm do i have to turn off my phone?

and do i haveto choose philippines in my variantsection of navifirm?
    .NET for navifirm
    you shud flash phone switched off
    umm depends on ur lang needs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Coming back on the first post of the thread, you really do it at your OWN RISK.

I guess that this method does not work with the new nokia's.

I stupidly tried on a n97 mini and it finished like for many others : dead phone. But I manage to repair my phone after several evenings
    When i tried to restart the phone, it displayed the screen with the nokia logo and then black screen, white screen and flashing screen... After several attempts, it displayed something like "the phone cannot start. contact your local reseller". Even the hard reset was not enough to leave from this nightmare.

At this stage, you cannot do anything. You can reflash your phone with JAF (in USB dead mode) but this will not improve anything as the firmware is not damaged.
    What is corrupted is the permanent memory (pm) that contains the configuration of your phone : it is what you tried to modify in the first post... The modified pm file coming out of the BB5 reset counter program only contain the [120] section. When we wrote it with JAF, I don't know if it erased all the other sections or if the new [120] section was just incorrect. But the result is that the phone will not start.

Anyway, the bb5 reset counter program generates a new pm file thus you still have the original one that was used as an input for this program. The thing is now to be able to rewrite this original pm to the phone !
    Unfortunately, JAF is not able to rewrite PM to a "dead USB" phone (even though it is able to reflash the firmware ;-).
    Here the trick comes, unfortunately not very known of the web. There is a simple and easy way to start the phone in "local" mode. In this mode, JAF will be able to communicate with it and rewrite the pm file (for that, just do as indicated in the first post by writing pm from address 0 to address 255 with the original pm file).

To start the phone in local mode, you just need to put a simple resistor (10 kohms on my n97 mini) between the pin - and the pin BSI of the battery connector and insert the battery.
    For other models of phone, it should work but the resistor may need to be lowered (down to 4.7 kohms but don't go lower) if you do not succeed to start the phone. Also verify which pin is BSI and which is - (go to http://cpkg.org/wiki to find yours, example : http://cpkb.org/wiki/Nokia_BL-4D_battery_pinout and http://cpkb.org/wiki/Nokia_N97_mini_pinout ).

In picture :

put the battery (just need to make contact, no need to insert it totally)

Then start, after a few seconds you see :

From now, the resistor is no more needed but you can leave it in place, this does not matter.

Don't be afraid : if you switch off or remove the battery, the phone will leave this mode.

Now, just time to relaunch JAF and rewrite the good pm file (from address 0 to 255). Switch off the phone/remove the battery and restart. The time to reboot seems long but it should work again.

Hope it will help !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

ill suggest again. DON'T FOLLOW THIS GUIDE. you will end up going into NCC.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by anikkket
    ill suggest again. DON'T FOLLOW THIS GUIDE. you will end up going into NCC.
    For sure, don't follow it (even though you should be able to avoid the NCC if you follow what i wrote).

do flash it in dead mode with factory set ticked.. u will lost ALL data on phone, so back it up first if possible. after flashing like that, you will have virgin phone with 12345 code. read guide CAREFULLY in other case you could brick (damage) ur phone!!

http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...3848#msg173848
    I think that this is the correct method. This is also explained in details here : http://technochat.in/2010/05/using-j...ial/#more-1836

If you want to reset your security code to 12345 during flashing, don't forget to tick "Factory Set" option (just right the "dead usb" option) and then flash.
    Take care also to flash with a firmware that it is not older than the one in your phone (no downgrade). Make also sure to use jaf_nok4models.ini file from JAF1.68.96 instead of the one provided with 1.68.92 (this one does not contain infos for latest nokia's) : replace the 1.98.62 one in c:\program files\odeon\jaf by the 1.68.96 one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

its not prompting to save any file nothing shows just it shows init usb communication

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast