Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

View Poll Results: Have you had...

Voters
156. You may not vote on this poll
  • a 5800 with no problem

64 41.03%
  • major hardware problems

16 10.26%
  • minor hardware problems

19 12.18%
  • major software problems

16 10.26%
  • minor software problems

41 26.28%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: How many of you have had problem with 5800xm?

Quote Originally Posted by bach
    I think the major problems with the 5800XM are/were:

1 - Earpiece issue. Ok, Nokia screwed up big time with this one since it affected ALL phones released early.
    2 - LCD Color changing issue. More and more people complaining about this. Could be a software issue but nothing is confirmed yet.
    3 - NAM 3G issues which again affected all early released phones in the US (But in certain states only). This was fixed with a firmware update however.

#1 and #3 were acknowledged by Nokia and presumably fixed on newer batches. We have yet to hear anything about the LCD issues.

There are also some other relatively minor software issues that happens every now and then.

Now the reason you are seeing many people posting their issues with the 5800 isn't necessarily because the phone is that bad, but mainly because it got popular so fast in very little time. People usually come into forums to post issues or problems, and with the high user base and popularity the 5800 had in it's first couple of months it's not really surprising.

Take the Nokia N85 for example, did you know that it has the same Earpiece issue that the 5800 have? It also suffers from horrible build quality and has been on the market since August 2008, yet you probably don't see the forums flooded with N85 topics, simple because it's not nearly as popular as the 5800.

Personally, apart from a few minor software issues, I have no problems whatsoever with the phone. It's probably the best bang for bucks at the moment and I'd still recommend it to whomever looking to buy a new phone.

from the above major problems, i had none, minor software issues only, even battery life span is very good, i only need to full charge it in the morning and after heavy use of wifi, listening music, and light sensor at it's maximum, at the end of the day it still has 3 bars, overall best phone ever....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I had a slight software problem but swapped it as it was brand new. Not had any problms since and have 3-4 days battery life as standard can go down to 2 days if i'm using a lot

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

for me i have a problem when i plug in or out the headset it sometimes will make some weird colors on the screen and then reboot,
    also it might freeze every now and then which causes me to force it 2 shut off

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

1.LCD color changing issue
    Thats it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hi,

I have the common earpiece issue :S

http://www.symbian-freak.com/forum/v...t=earphone+fix

ciao

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bach
    I think the major problems with the 5800XM are/were:

1 - Earpiece issue. Ok, Nokia screwed up big time with this one since it affected ALL phones released early.
    2 - LCD Color changing issue. More and more people complaining about this. Could be a software issue but nothing is confirmed yet.
    3 - NAM 3G issues which again affected all early released phones in the US (But in certain states only). This was fixed with a firmware update however.

#1 and #3 were acknowledged by Nokia and presumably fixed on newer batches. We have yet to hear anything about the LCD issues.

There are also some other relatively minor software issues that happens every now and then.

Now the reason you are seeing many people posting their issues with the 5800 isn't necessarily because the phone is that bad, but mainly because it got popular so fast in very little time. People usually come into forums to post issues or problems, and with the high user base and popularity the 5800 had in it's first couple of months it's not really surprising.

Take the Nokia N85 for example, did you know that it has the same Earpiece issue that the 5800 have? It also suffers from horrible build quality and has been on the market since August 2008, yet you probably don't see the forums flooded with N85 topics, simple because it's not nearly as popular as the 5800.

Personally, apart from a few minor software issues, I have no problems whatsoever with the phone. It's probably the best bang for bucks at the moment and I'd still recommend it to whomever looking to buy a new phone.
    Plus the skewed opinions could be due to the fact that people only complain or make a "help me" post if something IS wrong with their handset. This is the reason why this poll was set up to gauge the amount of people who haven't really spoken out because their phones are running fine.

However, now that the numbers are tallied, you can't really defend a product if up to HALF the people on a forum who own it are experiencing some form malfunctions. Nokia already had N95 to learn from in terms of firmware development and there really shouldn't be any excuse for poorly designed firmware or hardware defects. Remember that Nokia is VERY late in coming on to the touch-screen market so they should have ample time in coming up with something that works.

I haven't had any problems with mine apart from occasional crashes but I thought that comes standard with any smartphone hence I have voted "no problem" and I am overall very pleased with the purchase. Without a doubt, it is a good design and a great value for money. However, it still does not negate from the fact that as a working piece of electronic, it's quality control is nowhere near as tight as it needs to be.

As a product overall, I am still very wary of it's production and would warn my friend to at least wait for a couple of revision/batches before risking a purchase.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

only "problem" that my 5800 have is gap on the right up corner

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pece1976
    only "problem" that my 5800 have is gap on the right up corner
    Mine too! I didn't even noticed until I read your post. To be fair, its no biggie.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ~NeMi~
    So tecnically how can you be impressed with the phones battery IF you charge it 1-2 times a day? Of course it never runs out that way
    To be fair, the 5800 is more like a mini computer with a phone latch on to it rather than the other way round. In terms of battery, it should be treated as something between a laptop and a phone. 1-2 days is pretty good to be honest. I have managed to run my battery dry before the day is over (I was playing with the GPS all the time with applications running in the background) but now I am more conservative in its use and learn how to close program properly and the battery can last up to 2 days.

gaza30

for me it seems the 5800 was just a slopy test done by nokia before they could start to release real touch screen contenders. The 5800 was supposed to be the iphone killer but through lack of features/graphics/processing power i think theres no comparison, i hate to admit it but an apple product still holds top spot... well atleast until the omnia hd comes out.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast