Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default 5800XM Startup Sound Gone

    I don't rmember doing anything to turn it off and although in some ways it was annoying I miss it! the shaking hands logo still appears. Might I have accidentally deleted a sound file or something?

    Thanks

    Jon

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    476
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: 5800XM Startup Sound Gone

    Quote Originally Posted by Rheumatoid
    I don't rmember doing anything to turn it off and although in some ways it was annoying I miss it! the shaking hands logo still appears. Might I have accidentally deleted a sound file or something?

    Thanks

    Jon
    when u turn it on its probably turing on in offline mode and when it asks u to go to online mode it does the same thing no noise made

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: 5800XM Startup Sound Gone

    Quote Originally Posted by gamikzone
    when u turn it on its probably turing on in offline mode and when it asks u to go to online mode it does the same thing no noise made
    don't think so. It is using the general profile

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    494
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: 5800XM Startup Sound Gone

    Did you turn off the warning sounds in your profile ?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: 5800XM Startup Sound Gone

    Quote Originally Posted by Kozzi
    Did you turn off the warning sounds in your profile ?
    yes thanks - that fixed it. weird its a warning sound though!

    R.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    494
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: 5800XM Startup Sound Gone

    Quote Originally Posted by Rheumatoid
    yes thanks - that fixed it. weird its a warning sound though!

    R.
    np, sure it's weird

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,349
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Re: 5800XM Startup Sound Gone


  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: 5800XM Startup Sound Gone

    Quote Originally Posted by eViL D:
    errrrr why? I did find it on a search but it does not answer my question and I don't want to change the tone.

    R.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    108
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: 5800XM Startup Sound Gone

    mine also went missing. sometimes will have, sometimes not.
    :P

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,349
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Re: 5800XM Startup Sound Gone

    Quote Originally Posted by Rheumatoid
    errrrr why? I did find it on a search but it does not answer my question and I don't want to change the tone.

    R.
    You can either find the default sound and place it back, or you can try to do a hard reset.

    Actually, it's either a bug or by default. Mine does the same. But, if you reinstall the FW, you will get the sound on first start.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Are there any Nokia 5800 Sound and Video codecs?
    By BS2008 in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-10-2010, 06:47 AM
  2. Guide: How to disable camera shutter sound in fp2 devices and 5800
    By mufaddal_km in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-17-2010, 06:39 PM
  3. Guide: Change your camera shutter sound
    By mufaddal_km in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-23-2009, 02:13 PM
  4. apple files patent for ambient sound sensor to iphone
    By mufaddal_km in forum iPhone Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-23-2009, 06:01 PM
  5. models that record sound in wav or mp3 or ogg
    By Daniel in forum Symbian S60v3 Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-26-2008, 07:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •