Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Mini Review

dyin 2 buy it when s it cumin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

the fullscreen keyboard isnt that great

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by darthchilli
    the fullscreen keyboard isnt that great
    it isnt? why not?
    testing

naninu

yess, why not great??

for me, it's really cool..

besides, you can use 'handwriting' mode using the stylus or 'alphanumeric keypad' mode

it gives many ways for you to send messages to your friends..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

hmmm..
    I like that phone, it seems great !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic - Music Review

I have a new sim free model nokia 5800 (unbranded ) i got it from nokia but i am not happy with it...wish i still had my iphone ...interested ? the phone cost me £255 after discount but it is a genuine sim free model so takes any sim . I have gone right of the phone maybe the N97 will be an improvment ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by candymut
    I have a new sim free model nokia 5800 (unbranded ) i got it from nokia but i am not happy with it...wish i still had my iphone ...interested ? the phone cost me £255 after discount but it is a genuine sim free model so takes any sim . I have gone right of the phone maybe the N97 will be an improvment ?
    It takes time getting used to. Play with it for a while and I think you'll appreciate it better. The N97 will offer a slide out keyboard, but it's pretty much the same phone (5MP cam).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

After upgrading 5800 to ver 20 and using it for a fortnight I find that the phone is wonderful, good reception, quite usable UI, good music and video quality and I feel that the phone UI can be further made better in this way.

The search function in ver 20 performs indevice search (for all menus, medias, messages, mails etc) as well as internet (just like t9nav and skyequikey for s60 v3 to some extent).
    1) After tapping "search" a screen opens where one has to tap again to bring the keyboard - Nokia could have done away with this extra key press - i.e., on tapping search the next window should have opened with the keyboard itself.
    2) Searching by typing in keypad is not in t9 mode (as in t9nav or skyequikey). In fact if one makes the keypad in t9 mode, it only recognises normal English and not the name of the apps, medias menus etc. So many more key presses are required while typing in normal mode. Nokia should make the "search" recognise the on phone menus, medias, emails etc through predicitve search. Though using qwerty or miniqwerty removes this problem - then why make one/two more keypresses for selecting required keypad and work with smaller keys or changed orientation?
    3) I found that search function also searches contacts. So there is no necessity to give a "contact" touch button on today screen when search is capable of doing that. In fact the contact touch button can be replaced by "search" button.

These changes will make the UI more easier as there will be no need to dig deep into the menu to search things (Users of t9nav and skyequikey already have the experience)

Moreover, the adaptive search for conttacts is not very convincing to me as for every keypress the screen changes and you have to find out the location of the next key again. Since the position of the key varies the user has to search for the required alpha in every screen which though seems easy actually not user-friendly for me. The method used by t9nav and skyequikey are better and faster to use.

This is my opinion aand we may have suggestion of other members too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12