PHP Warning: include(): Unable to allocate memory for pool. in ..../dbtech/dbseo/includes/autoloader.php on line 38
Problems of the Nokia 5800 - Page 9
Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Bad side of the Nokia 5800?

Quote Originally Posted by carl_ng_alkhobar

.....I did a hard reset now, we'll see if it still won't work....my last resort would be firmware upgrade (but I'm having problems with NSU in vista for this.....didn't tried it again though)....
    ....ok, after the hard reset, I didn't experience my phone shutting to itself anymore and the unlock key is functioning already. yehey!!! what I observe, the quickoffice that I installed in phone memory is the one causing the problem (since before I installed it in memory card but it says file corrupted installation failed, then when you try to download it again, it says downloaded already so I install it in phone memory by removing the memory card).....now its back to normal.....I think you should not install any apps in the phone memory, otherwise you'll face some problems like me.....keep all apps installed thru memory card.....next step, I'll do the firmware update thru NSU using vista......just can't get thru it yet.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

1) Music Library Refresh Issue
    2) Bad Equalizer
    3) No T9 for Querty Keyboard.
    4) No Autocomplete for TO and CC fields while composing mails.
    5) Issues with volume for incoming calls.
    6) Video playback fails if resolution isnt right.

djripster

1) Bulky - Slimmer is always better.

2) Battery Life low - I have been charging this phone almost daily. I use it quite a lot, but i read that this phone can last days. What's up with that.

3) Firmware - Far to go with this. I am haunted with random phone crashes. I am still on firmware version 10. I would really like to try out version 11 but my product code doesn't allow the update yet. Fixing the bugs is good. But i think new features should also be provided with the firmware (version 20 coming soon?)

4) Protective Casing? - I don't think the protective casing protects the phone. When i pull the phone out, it seams to apply pressure on the key lock and i am afraid this will get damaged soon. Anyone have this problem?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Good day! I had my 5800 for less than a week. The first few days it was ok. Now i can't receive sms unless i send another one. Any suggestion how to fix this? Thank you!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hey djripster it's good to see I am not alone with a bad battery,somehow I don't use too much my phone,last night before sleeping the battery was on 4 bars so I didn't put it under charger and I added 3 alarms to wake up this morning...The phone didn't wake me up,none of the alarms worked and you know why?? the phone shuted down because of empty battery and the battery was sooo empty that even the alarm didn't ring!!!!!!!
    I am seriously considering selling this phone and get a used Iphone
    I want to add THE bad side of this phone: the right scrolling that is too tide,your finger can easily touch an icon while scrolling!
    + the screen in reality is not finger touch but nail touch like any ordinary stylus screen and this will definitivly end with lot of scratches

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i actually havent had any problems with the phone crashing. never done that since i bought it for 5 days ago
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

No problems with any crash at all and the batterylife is not to bad either. Another battery indicator would have been nice though, with a procentage meter.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by carl_ng_alkhobar
    ....ok, after the hard reset, I didn't experience my phone shutting to itself anymore and the unlock key is functioning already. yehey!!! what I observe, the quickoffice that I installed in phone memory is the one causing the problem (since before I installed it in memory card but it says file corrupted installation failed, then when you try to download it again, it says downloaded already so I install it in phone memory by removing the memory card).....now its back to normal.....I think you should not install any apps in the phone memory, otherwise you'll face some problems like me.....keep all apps installed thru memory card.....next step, I'll do the firmware update thru NSU using vista......just can't get thru it yet.....

.....I just thought this is already resolved but the problem came back. it still shuts itself when you dont use the phone for a long time. I need to press the unlock switch every now and then so that the phone will not shut off. This routine gives me a headache.....also, it shuts off when there's a change of signal from 2G to 3G and vice versa (workplace only 2G but outside workplace 3G already).....I hope anyone have answers in this issue....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by project8570
    I have had this phone for about 2 weeks and I've come across 2 major problems. Firstly I have found that the battery life is not particularly good. I can barely get a full day out of it and I don't believe that I am using it excessively. I use it for a little web browsing over wi-fi and music over the loud speakers and it is down to 1 bar by the end of the day. I've read that other people are getting up to 3 days out of it so I find this very disappointing! Does anyone else have this problem? My second issue with the phone, and probably the one that I find the most concerning is the issue of not being able to hear a person clearly when I'm on a phone call. I've read that other people are also facing this problem. At first I thought it may have been software related and somehow due to the proximity sensor but I'm starting to think that it is hardware related. I've found that if I push the phone really hard against my ear that the problem is solved. My particular phone is also one that has a gap in the top right corner where light escapes. I think that this may have something to do with it. If I put pressure on the gap, and close the gap while I'm on a call, then I can hear the other person ok. So I'm just wondering if other people who have this phone and have the gap in the top right hand corner are also having the problem of the volume level during phone calls. I'm afraid it's a major hardware problem.
    Hey there!

I bought the 5800XM like a month ago and I'm having the exact same problem project8570 is having Does anyone have a solution to this damn prob or is it a hardware malifunction??

One more thing, is it just me or there ain't visulations in the music player

As for the battery, it really depends on how you use it, sometimes it last more than two days, and sometime less than one :P

Thnx for the help in advance

pinoym2m

after 3 weeks and i'm still delighted. the battery last 2 days (with listening to music, calls ans messages)

i haven't removed the screen protector though. waiting for it to become available in mobile accessory stores. hope they included a clear one on their package cause the print on the protector blocks the view of images and videos.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast