Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Bad side of the Nokia 5800?

actually i did. and i have been able to sync twice before. i dunno what is wrong. and now when i open nokia ovi suite, it says it is the incorrect version!! i installed it from the CD that came with it.
    but if i can use activesync i can get rid of this shit suite. any idea how i can do this?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

have you tried to download the pc suit from Internet instead of the one that was included?
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

well the one for 5800 is not listed yet. anyhow, i went to pc connectivity solution in add/remove and did a Repair. it resolved the problem...thanks for your attention though

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

How can you explain that with just rebooting the phone it loosed 2 bars of battery
    Is the phone bad or the battery?
    In OVI it dropped from 54% to 14% in 5 mins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vegetaleb
    How can you explain that with just rebooting the phone it loosed 2 bars of battery
    Is the phone bad or the battery?
    In OVI it dropped from 54% to 14% in 5 mins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    its the same thing with s60v3 phone, sometimes when i reboot the phone it drops 1 or 2 bars. dont take it to serious, i think it just have problems to read the battery fully
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hahaha Phat^Trance(heavy phone user) if you got more battery juice than me(light user) then I am doomed
    let's see your first day with the 5800

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

well i have never had a phone that lasted a day without charging it and i doubt that the 5800 will do any better
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

No, and particullary not the first day of use

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i got my 5800 from 22/12/2008, HK retailer, HK red.

here is the comment for it

music:- great, speakers loud enough and earphones ok, got bass boost and a basic equalizer.

conversation:- ok, here comes the bit where the internal ear pieces is faulty, fixed it with the video found here and yout*be, thanks once again. (and yes, my phone do have the right hand top corner leaking out light and yes, has to push the phone hard against my head to hear the conversation before the fix).

GPS/Wifi:- i have nothing to compare against since this is the first time i have a S60 phone with these function enabled, i had a N80 before, but never really use any of these function.

Photo:- take picture is generally ok for a 3.2megapixel cam, picture tends to be a bit on the "blue-ish" side, heard v11 fixed that (not confirmed since NSU still dun let me update to v11, still on v10)

Video:- it is really good compared to my N80, the frames are smooth ( i thought N80 was suppose to be good, but 5800 beats it surely), audio intake very well, talking within the hand held distance is well recorded. Only when u do zooming in and out while still doing the recording will have jerky motion of the zoom, guess this has to do with the zoom factor of the cam not being real mechanical but rather digitally enlarged.

touch screen:- sensitivity-wise, u guys already know it is not iphone, so dun compare (personally hate iphone), but, if u guys ever own a NDSL, it is about the same. Handwriting is ace, do the handwriting training in the setup, writing in english is as fast as you writing on paper! For chinese, handwriting is great too, even got japanese supported. But the thing is, if u set the writing language to Chinese(traditional in my case), u lose the English full word writing recognition like u see on the nokia video, u have to input english alphabets in one-by-one. Can't kill two birds with 1 stone i guess....

Radio:- not as good as i thought it would be, dun have autolock on channels, constant adjustment is needed when i travel around. Bad signals inside buildings (guess using the headset wire as an arial doesn't help either) Real basic radio function, dun expect much.

overall:-
    home menu design, not anything particular suprised me. The "contact bar" options does give certain ppl an instant msger feel to it, but not my cup of tea, i am not those ready to show my private details one the "front page" on my phone. I personally would like to see new function/Ability to modify the functions key tho', just the dialer and the phonebook on the bottom isn't really enough for me, being said that, with the clock/date/connectivity and xpressmusic quick key on the top right fully accessable from just the "front page" and if u put your phone on "shortcut bar", u have an extra 4 shortcuts, which pretty much cover your date to date functions (this is what i put on).

Being able to turn your phone side and having all the things turns too is cool, but doesn't suprise me in a way, since samsung had done it, sony has done it, came across me as "standard" function.

One thing does suprise me is 5800 altho' using S60 os, it has advanced a lot since the N80. I am not a gadget geek and i do only treat a phone like a phone suppose to be﹐N80 was to me, slow with lots of bugs, 5800 is much much more better (of cos, something bounded to be advanced @ 5th version) with all it's functions being really "functional" rather than just a gimic.

Weightwise is not that noticeable heavy, if there are anything i hate more that a heavy phone is a light weight phone. You have nothing to grap onto when u r using it, 5800 doesn't feel like a brick, but yet, get me a comfortable solid feeling to me. At least i don't have a feeling of my phone being slip out of my fingers anytime while i am using it.

Battery:- is really a 2 day phone to me, the charging time took longer than usual sometime (maybe is just me) but in general, can last 2 days for my use.

score, out of 5
    outlook 4, can at least make some curve into it, not just a rectangle with a big monitor
    function 4, does what it said on the instuction menu, would like to see more themes, games, application tho'
    stability 4, doesn't hang on me yet, no drop calls while in conversations, certainly a bit slow when i do double taps and loading picture. other than that, it's fine.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

the cam for the 5800 is pretty bad.granted its a music phone.the pics come out grainy and contrast is way off.dont let the carl zeiss lens optics fool you cause the flash is pretty bad.the main problem thus far with this phone is the amount of software bugs and the hardware earpiece issue.firmware will fix a lot of problems for most.however,the hardware requires a lot more effort.sucks for those non computer literate people who are stuck with phones as is and who are ignorant to updates,issues,even warranty conditions,etc.personally,i am a little disappointed that nokia would put out a phone with a major issue such as hearing a conversation clearly?isnt that the point of a phone?how did quality testing not come across this issue?honestly,consumers should not be paying for a product only to become the test subjects.i came from Sony Ericssons and must say that i really did have my hopes up for this phone,guess i put it too high

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast