Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Bad side of the Nokia 5800?

Quote Originally Posted by denny_ajah
    the problem you had is sam with me..all of it from the top to the bottom..hav no idea how to fix it..(but its a relief that i met sum1 with the same problem like me..hahah, irony)
    My phone also have gap on the right up corner ( it seems bad build quality on Chinese models) but sound of the speeker is cristal clear , the problem is hardware not software ( you must take your phone to repear the speaker)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

The camare is not so good compare with others 3.2 megapixel phone.

simsrevenge

My biggest gripes are:

1. the poor build quality. My screen is hideously bowed and looks like a surfers paradise with the many ripples. There are dust deposits below the glass and the whole thing creaks like an old galleon.

2. this phone represents my return to Nokia after a 15 year absence (been SE for last 10 years with walkman phones) and I hate some aspects of S60 OS. The 5800 is a music phone and yet the music shortcut takes me to my music and NOT the music player. I then have to select options before I get to the actual player.

3. the phone is a touch screen phone and yet there doesn't appear to be any access to the volume control other than via the volume button on the side of the phone, the sensitivity of which sucks.

4. no screensaver (despite the presence of green haze.swf I found in one of the folders)

5. theme support is awful and a total lack of theme support by nokia (come on, 1 official theme and that's your lot?). Carbide requires a degree in scien ce to operate (Nokia take a look at SE theme creator).

I have downloaded many themes posted here and not one is 100% compatible with my phone. The buttons on the dialler or for sending texts show up as white text on white background. They invariably lack the transparent screens and if they do appear to have them you then come across a phone operation where it's then missing.

All of the above issues pale into insignificance as every time I insert the usb my phone selects some mysterious white and teal theme which sometimes remains after unplugging the usb and occassionally requires a phone reset to remove as it renders the theme operation useless 'theme function not supported'

All in all I am loathed to invest in another Nokia which is a shame as I had my eye on the N97

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tres2323
    hi.. newbie here
    i bought my 5800 2 days ago
    problems i encountered:
    1. Music library refresh problem- fixed by doing a reset
    2. No manual equalizer for music
    3. sidescroll problem- im left handed so i need the sidescroll to be on the left side
    4. Video list loads very slow when you have a lot of videos stored
    5. Headset is not that good when listening to music- lacks bass

other than that the phone rocks
    1.) good job
    2.) yes there is
    3.) I didn't know it even worked
    4.) It's the memory card
    5.) get some decent phones

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pece1976
    My phone also have gap on the right up corner ( it seems bad build quality on Chinese models) but sound of the speeker is cristal clear , the problem is hardware not software ( you must take your phone to repear the speaker)
    if i take it to some nokia care center, will i pay for it? or they will repair it under warranty? dun want to pay for sumthing that i'm not do..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

lets just say that if u have a n82 and u switch to the 5800 than u will be dissapointed in the camera quality and i mean if a motorola brick had a camera it would be better than the 5800 lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default a few more annoying things about the 5800

hey everyone, i upgraded to v20 firmware last night on my red uk 5800 using the jaf program to change the product code to euro1.
    It worked fine and i just needed to soft reset the phone to get everything working properly again, after some usage i've noticed a few things which are starting to bug/annoy me;

1. a few times when im writing a text the screen will change colour? not go blank but say the grey parts will go blue etc, im sure this isnt a cool theme effect?

2. when inputting text theres an annoying 'message:' text before you input anything which wasnt there on the older version, can i get rid of this?

3. if i go to settings-personal-home screen-home screen, theres a list of tick boxes including calendar, music player and radio. if these boxes are ticked should they appear on my home screen?

i have done a quick forum search to solve these issues but not found anything so im sorry if this isnt anything new.

thanks, Ash

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: a few more annoying things about the 5800

1) I think its a bug try hard reset(but backup your phone memory before using this option)

2) Nothing to worry its common..and not the bug

3) Yes they will they appear on ur home screen....So now you can customize your HOME screen...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

thanks for the quick reply, i have all the boxes ticked for say the calendar, radio, music player etc but on my home screen i only have my 4 shortcuts and the search bar. Am i missing something?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

no...nokia 5800xm supports only 4 shortcuts at a time.....so you have to choose what you like to see in HM screen

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast