Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    mufaddal_km

Default Re: The 5800 poor materials

thats the problem with nokia ...a lot of their phones are poorly built ..i cant understand they charge so much and still sell cheap plasticy phones ...
    almost all nokia phones i had have lost their chrome paint in just few mnths of use ...n95 with wobbly slider and lots more .
    when i compare it with SE/motorola/htc their phones are well built comparitively

suhas130

THATS WHY NOKIA CAN AFFORD THE PRICE CUTS WHICH NO OTHER BRAND CAN OFFER....HAHAHA,

N70...PRICE WHEN LAUNCHED IN THE MARKET WAS 19000 BUCKS,NOW SELLS FOR A MEAGRE 7500 BUCKS

mufaddal_km

SE offers similar price cuts like nokia ...and their handsets are well built
    all their flagship phones go for over 600usd which comes down to 300 usd

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mufaddal_km
    thats the problem with nokia ...a lot of their phones are poorly built ..i cant understand they charge so much and still sell cheap plasticy phones ...
    almost all nokia phones i had have lost their chrome paint in just few mnths of use ...n95 with wobbly slider and lots more .
    when i compare it with SE/motorola/htc their phones are well built comparitively
    if i were to drop my phone - nokia it would survive , my htc on the other hand died completely and it was in a protetive cover. samsung and nokia only build strong enough phones. my coworker drove through her samsung when she did not realize that it fell out of her pocket. that was last year, she still uses the phone just fine! now that is some wicked build.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

disagree! i had my N73 under 6 months, hardly used and the middle joystick (the whole thing not just the tip) just fell off! took ages to replace cuz no one had stock! I've dropped all sorts of phone models, it often depends on the distance to the ground, the force that acts upon it, the ground that it falls on and the angle when it hits the ground. My good ol' P800 is still strong after 5-6 years of owning it

mufaddal_km

well my htc mogul has fell on the ground several times ...on one instance the battery got slight dent ..still my phone is goin strong ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I find nokias build to be ideal for me.

Yes they are very plasticy, but this adds extra bounce and resiliance - I once dropped my 6680 down the gap in the middle of a 6 story concrete stairway.
    Went straight to the floor, I was convinced it was a gonner, but the back popped off, battery bounced out and a slight guff on a corner. Put it back together as good as new, well chuffed

stiko_91

Default Re: Bad side of the Nokia 5800?

Quote Originally Posted by mia
    are the buttons big enough for do i still need to use a pen?
    no if you have small finger you haven't to use the pen!!

stiko_91

[quote=vegetaleb ]
    After a second full charge it seems the battery life is not as good as many reviews said,I am far away of the 2 days they mention,it lasts about 24h and I am not abusing of the phone,no Wifi,no 3G,no games,5 mins of call only,7 SMS,1 hour of bluetooth because of driving,5 mins of music,3 mins of GPS and that's all!!!!
    Is the themes effects using more battery power??
    Like on the N95 the first bar of battery goes away after several hours,then the second bar after 2 hours max,and all the remaining bars in 30 mins each...
    I am having a bad battery or a bad FW?

yes it's true I have the same problem!!!I was thinking that I was the only one!!but now I see that it isn't... on a review I read that on stand by the battery can remain charge until 17 days!!!!that's a lie!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by project8570
    I have had this phone for about 2 weeks and I've come across 2 major problems. Firstly I have found that the battery life is not particularly good. I can barely get a full day out of it and I don't believe that I am using it excessively. I use it for a little web browsing over wi-fi and music over the loud speakers and it is down to 1 bar by the end of the day. I've read that other people are getting up to 3 days out of it so I find this very disappointing! Does anyone else have this problem? My second issue with the phone, and probably the one that I find the most concerning is the issue of not being able to hear a person clearly when I'm on a phone call. I've read that other people are also facing this problem. At first I thought it may have been software related and somehow due to the proximity sensor but I'm starting to think that it is hardware related. I've found that if I push the phone really hard against my ear that the problem is solved. My particular phone is also one that has a gap in the top right corner where light escapes. I think that this may have something to do with it. If I put pressure on the gap, and close the gap while I'm on a call, then I can hear the other person ok. So I'm just wondering if other people who have this phone and have the gap in the top right hand corner are also having the problem of the volume level during phone calls. I'm afraid it's a major hardware problem.
    the problem you had is sam with me..all of it from the top to the bottom..hav no idea how to fix it..(but its a relief that i met sum1 with the same problem like me..hahah, irony)

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast