Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default UCBrowser Customization and Discution

Hey guys I want to start a discution on the UCbrowser customization and other general talk about it .
    I would like to start off by saying that this browser is most interesting and quite good if not better than his counterparts the Opera family ( Mobile and Mini ) . I use it because it is way more customizable opposed to the Opera family . The one thing that bothers me the most with Opera mini is it's Fonts settings which absolutely sucks . If you leave it by default on the Medium font , even though text is readable , pages look horrible and some upper links from web pages are clogged . If you set it on Small , text is much harder to read but at least pages load normal and look good .
    On the other hand we have Ucbrowser in which you can customize your Font much more efficiently by choosing from a wide variety of number .
    Another thing I find much better at Ucbrowser is it's better optimized view of Adaptive which in Opera language would translate to Mobile view . On the other hand Ucbrowser is horrible on Zoomview.
    Comparing speeds and traffic consumption I'd have to say they're pretty much on par , though Opera mini has a slight edge over ucbrowser.

Ok I'd like to know and probabily other noob :P Ucbrowser users , what settings you people use for you Ucbrowser , possibly hear the oppinion of more skilled users .
    Well .. have a nice day and let the discussion begin

LE: I will come back later with some statistics on speed and traffic , loading the same page on both browsers

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: UCBrowser Customization and Discution

i have 7.2 ucbrowser , its really a good browser , with more options than opera mini, but as u said zoom browsing is poor in ucweb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Auch I kinda take back what I said :P . Opera mobile is the most customizable . If you write in the URL section of the browser opera:config you'll see all sorts of goodies . For now I am experimenting and I resized my cache to 9920 , turned off Javascript and messed around some other stuff and traffic went down and speed went up .
    I'll post tomorrow some full settings I used for Opera mobile 10.1 .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i meant opera mini

but opera mobile feeds on r ram then crashes

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

In the end i just deleted opera mobile. No matter how much i jungled around in it's config still wasn't able to bring it on par with at leasr it's java brother opera mini. Now i'm waiting for a new and less buggy version of ucbrowser