Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: I want to bang my ''5800 XM'' against the wall! Would you?

if he decides to dispose of or destroy it, it would be better to donate it to a poor soul in need.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

if he decides to dispose of or destroy it, it would be better to donate it to a poor soul in need.
    Yeah donating it will be a good idea but then I wouldn't get the satisfaction of watching it shatter into tiny pieces. You know a bit of revenge for the frustrations it has caused me. :P

i will never change to any new iphone due to the impossibility to personalize the iphone like you can with a symbian phone
    I agree with you on that mate. Moreover, the iphone 4 is ridiculously overpriced (I don't go for contracts). I want to go for an HTC branded android but can't decide on which one. The only problem for me with Android is that I heard its music player sucks.

@Thread Starter: If you want to break your 5800.. it means you never Visited "Symbian v5 Modding" or "v5 Custom Firmware / FILES and RELEASES" section of Dailymobile...
    Dude I love the modding section. Although I don't mod myself because I rarely get the time to, I do browse through, and sometimes use, all the brilliant work you guys have been putting up there. But the problem is no matter how many pretty clothes and makeup an ugly girl wears, she will still be ugly. No offense to the ugly girls

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

And here are a few reasons why I want to bang my phone against the wall.

1. One fine morning I had to go to an important meeting at a place I had never been to before. I thought I'd use my 5800 for GPS nav (even though it's not as accurate). It did get me to the "place I needed to go", but oops, that was the wrong address!!! I spent half an hour looking for the address where my 5800 said "You've reached your destination". Finally I turned on google maps and the actual place I needed to go was about a kilometer away in the opposite direction!!!

2. The memory card keeps getting corrupted as and when it wishes. So I have to format it every now and then as it demands and transfer all the data back (which in itself is frustrating). But then the phone still has these dribbles from the apps I had on my mem card which are impossible to delete.

3. You cannot use a 5800 without having to format it at least every couple of months. Then putting all the stuff back in is just a pain in the a**.

4. The Nokia Email app is a disaster. It's slow. Each time the phone's reset it asks me for my nokia account details, and just says "try again later" or something like that. I gotta try to log in at least a dozen times before it starts to work. This time, it looks like the app wants to screw with me even more. Since last night it has only been testing network connections!!! I know I need to restart the phone or something but I just wanted to see how long it goes like that for before giving me an error. More than 12 hours :P

5. The native web browser is a disaster. I just hard reset the phone, so didn't have the time to install other web browsers. I go onto google, search, open a search result page and the phone goes "Memory full. Close some applications first". The only applications I have running as per the native task manager are the homescreen, menu, and the web browser!!! WTF do I close (I use handy task man usually, but as I said I didn't have the time to install the apps). And for some reason my opera mini does not want to connect to the wifi network, even though that's my primary access point.

6. The ovi store is a disaster. And I'm not talking about the lack of variety of applications or games. I'm talking about the pathetic functionality. Sometimes when I want download a new application, the download progress bar does not eFFin progress. I have to restart my phone and hope it works after.

These are just some of my issues. I have many more. And believe me, when I bought my phone last August, I was very excited, but now completely disappointed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

yes now I'm going to sell my 5800xm.cuz i cant use it anymore :O

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

yeah gps now sucks for me. look at these inbuilt car navigators. do they use this a-gps thing? NO. they don't need internet connectivity, but i've tried ovi maps and google's app, they all just in love with internet. why the hell i even need GPS? i can use WWW thing to get my position! furthermore, if i use only internet connection, it gives me yeah bro u'r right - a kilometer away place! why my E51's old maps 2.0 CORRECTLY showed me my position with no gps. so i don't get now all this 'free navigation'. so i need internet anytime, anywhere. the prices for my gprs is hell big, i use wifi only. this means i can't go online from some forest, LOL. ok this is abt navi. now let's go next. kinetics. 'i need to press bottom corner area of the some icon in menu' i read in some forum. WHY?! i thing for $ i paid i shud get the satisfaction i wish. for me more comfortly is to press straight on the icon. and menu starts cool 5800 game - menu jumping up/down! cool, eh? and this is in time five minutes later the bus will be here and i need to verify bus schedule?.. whatever..

btw, @OP: for web use opera MOBILE, it's way better than this wap-alike built-in browser. check email via web, i love this - i don't need to blow my mind with finding the perfect e-mail client and configuring it. yeah ovi store sux completely.
    1. i need registration to get FREE app. why? LOL thing
    2. i can't download to my pc without tricks. another stupid and annoyin' thing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Latest disaster. Yesterday I bought a bluetooth dongle for my desktop. Tried to connect my phone using ovi suite and bt today. It worked. Great. I restart my computer after a while, start ovi suite, my phone does not automatically connect, and even the device is not shown anywhere. I go to add new device, ovi searches for my phone and says it is connected!!! So why can't I see the bloody connected device? Then if I try to add it again, it just keeps doing some sh** for 15 mins without connecting....

I think the problem with Nokia is, they over-promise and under-deliver. Unlike other brands and OSs. With the exception of MS.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

btw, @OP: for web use opera MOBILE, it's way better than this wap-alike built-in browser. check email via web, i love this - i don't need to blow my mind with finding the perfect e-mail client and configuring it. yeah ovi store sux completely.
    Yeah I know Opera is better man but I can't understand why can't I get basic smartphone functionality by default. And as far as email goes, I receive dozens of emails everyday and don't want to go into the browser every 5 mins to check em. I mean that's what nokia mail is supposed to be for isn't it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rodeo_calling
    Latest disaster. Yesterday I bought a bluetooth dongle for my desktop. Tried to connect my phone using ovi suite and bt today. It worked. Great. I restart my computer after a while, start ovi suite, my phone does not automatically connect, and even the device is not shown anywhere. I go to add new device, ovi searches for my phone and says it is connected!!! So why can't I see the bloody connected device? Then if I try to add it again, it just keeps doing some sh** for 15 mins without connecting....

I think the problem with Nokia is, they over-promise and under-deliver. Unlike other brands and OSs. With the exception of MS.
    hell yeah, sometimes my laptop with bt shows me 'can't send' error or 5800! i'm tired of this crap.. things that keep me away from sellin' it are: big screen with high res (not QVGA on s60v3) and camera. ok i can forget abt cool stereo speakers..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I'll chime in with my gripes..

How about it playing the "Nokia Tune" instead of my chosen ringtone about 1/5'th of the time.

How about it not ringing or buzzing at all when when called about 1/10'th of the time, I have to have PC Suite alerting me to phonecalls by connecting the phone via Bluetooth to my laptop.

How about alarms sometimes failing to "go off" some mornings. At lest gives med a valid reason to be late to work.

How about a Battery that will last no more than 18 hours (It used to last far longer, but charging every night for a 1½ Year have worn it out)

How about a browser that needs a cool 5 minutes to load and render www.engadget.com...

How about it freezing up while ringing, it's cool to need to pull the battery while driving on the highway whilst the the phone blasts the ringtone.

How about a camera that snaps pictures that looks worse than my parents 6 year old Samsung...

It's a good thing a Galaxy S is on it's way in the mail...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

edit

mates, just mod it a bit. i've made another simple cfw: added satio hs (old-style 9.2-9.3 homescreens) and disabled kinetic scrolling. now i'm not goin' mad every time i try to open smth in hurry. remaining thing is to implement nokia maps 2.0 to get accurate positioning via wifi. but this stuff needs core editor

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast