Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Can't update PC Suite... Wireless Mouse(USB) conflict the reason?

I have a 5800 xm, and I can't get PC Suite to update(at least not without major problems):
    I update it and then my system(Windows XP, service pack 3) crashes! I tried everything, even uninstalling all Nokia related programs and downloading new version of PC Suite... but then when I do a NEW installation of the newest version of PC Suite, XP still crashes(on boot up it freezes).
    I finally found the problem(I think...). I have a "Microsoft Wireless Optical Notebook Mouse 3000" which has a USB receiver(receiver looks like a flash drive). I noticed if I boot up without this mouse receiver plugged in, Windows won't crash and everything seems to work fine. But the moment I plug this receiver back in, CRASH! I had to do a system restore to an earlier state just to be able to use my pc again, but then NO PC SUITE.
    I find it strange that the original PC suite(from the factory CD out of the box) does not have this issue(problem) with the wireless mouse, but the newer versions of PC suite DO have a problem with the mouse(or more specifically, it's probably a USB conflict, since I also use USB as my 5800 to PC connection)...
    I've never had any problem with this mouse conflicting with any other programs, and have been using it for years. I don't want to throw it away just to update PC suite...
    Has anyone experienced this problem?
    Any solutions to recommend?

Thanks a lot

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Can't update PC Suite... Wireless Mouse(USB) conflict the reason?

Just use nokia ovi suite and you will be fine... remove that crap of software called nokia pc suite...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

nokia doesnt even update pc suite anymore.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jasmin071
    Just use nokia ovi suite and you will be fine... remove that crap of software called nokia pc suite...
    I tried Ovi Suite but unfortunately it is missing THE most important feature which PC Suite has: Application Installer. (I know it's possible to download and install apps directly to phone from internet via phone web browser, but it's a whole lot easier from the PC)
    Thanks, but unfortunately will have to try to get PC Suite working again.
    By the way, I think my USB conflict occurs during installation of Suite(OVI or PC) at the point where it asks you to plug in your phone... Windows is freaking out about a new device while Nokia is trying to install drivers... I'll start a new post asking for help about this Nokia installation ambiguity.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Simple answer is the Nokia software is built by somebody that never got beyond win 95 . Drivers are a particular error prone item .

Problems with either of the suites and i prefer PC suite is to one try a repair install that don't work you need total removal of the Nokia software and i mean total . Beware you need to copy of any backup from the original Nokai backup location before removing suite .

jje

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thanks for suggestions... Part of the problem was with windows calling the phone(5800xm) a "MTP device" instead of immediately recognizing it as Nokia 5800xm, so Windows(XP) was obviously getting confused by this.
    I think I finally got it fixed . I tried a technique described by "Tigerstyle9" in the following post:
    http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...c,17621.0.html
    Anyone else having similar problems, try that technique out, it may fix the problem.
    Thanks again everyone!