Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Need Advise for software update

Along with kinetic scrolling, what new features / settings i should be checking for the new software update!

i read that it contained quick office, can we create new documents on it ?
    (i wish it may have, as i've been using nokia 7710 previously and it allowed to create word/excel/p.point docs)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashif
    Thanyou all.
    Software Updated.

Updated via OVI Suite. to version 50.x
    it downloaded 145 MB of device software on local machine, then applied the device software update in 5-10 minutes.

All fine now.

Should i be resetting the lock code ? or its better as it is.
    Along with kinetic scrolling, what new features / settings i should be checking for the new software update!

i read that it contained quick office, can we create new documents on it ?
    (i wish it may have, as i've been using nokia 7710 previously and it allowed to create word/excel/p.point docs)
    the best suggestion i can give you is hard reset it mate. but before you do, reset the security code first.

the quickoffice and getrhianna are quite useless since the quickoffice is an old version that can only read 2003/xp office documents.

and to get it, you would need to flash it with JAF or Phoenix.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    the best suggestion i can give you is hard reset it mate. but before you do, reset the security code first.

the quickoffice and getrhianna are quite useless since the quickoffice is an old version that can only read 2003/xp office documents.

and to get it, you would need to flash it with JAF or Phoenix.
    thank you. but before this, i have faced couple of issues.

firstly, i had arabic, farsi and urdu language option along with englosh, now they all gone, and some other languages appeared and i can only use english language.

so can i download other phone languages ?

2ndly, i'd install ovi store app before, its not there now. from where to get it again.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

thank you. but before this, i have faced couple of issues.

firstly, i had arabic, farsi and urdu language option along with englosh, now they all gone, and some other languages appeared and i can only use english language.

so can i download other phone languages ?

2ndly, i'd install ovi store app before, its not there now. from where to get it again.
    the first one is dependant on your product code. you need to download a firmware or choose a product code within the region that uses the languages that you need. you can't simply add or remove languages mate.

the second one, i don't know. but it should be there after flashing or updating. if not, you can download it off
    http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...c,15647.0.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Why has my device changed language after updating?
    After an update, your Nokia device may restart in its native language. To change the language go to Settings > Phone > General > Phone language.

If your Nokia device was originally manufactured for use in another country or region, using Nokia Software Updater may revert the set of available device languages to the original language set.

If your preferred language is no longer available after using Nokia Software Updater, you may need to return your Nokia device to a Nokia Care point to have this language reinstated.

jje

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i tried to read the product code via jaf , but it failed to display, however it was being displayed before i applied the f/w update.

actually i was thinking to full factory reset to change the lock code to default, but since it didnt displayed the product code etc details so i didn't factory reset the device as it might result in phone brick, if failed or any other reason.

JAF is unable to initialize the command probably, however when i set the phone mode to Normal, it is set (with couple of seconds delay) successfully, JAF response "Done" in the status bar,

what u suggest ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i tried to read the product code via jaf , but it failed to display, however it was being displayed before i applied the f/w update.

actually i was thinking to full factory reset to change the lock code to default, but since it didnt displayed the product code etc details so i didn't factory reset the device as it might result in phone brick, if failed or any other reason.

JAF is unable to initialize the command probably, however when i set the phone mode to Normal, it is set (with couple of seconds delay) successfully, JAF response "Done" in the status bar,

what u suggest ?

i would suggest that you exit ovi suite, pc suite, pc sync then try it again mate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12