Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default How to install Quick office and Adobe reader lite on other drive other than C

After i got my hands on N97 i upgraded my quick office and adobe reader lite to version 6 but the update could only be done on c: drive as everyone knows N97 has a very small c drive with both installation a 7mb is taken away after searching the Internet i found that it is not possible to install them on any other drive except c: but they are wrong
    with the help of SIScontents you can give the the quick office and adobe reader lite the option to which drive it is to be installed on in 6 easy steps

after downloading and extracting SIScontents
    step 1 use the software to open the quick office sis file (picture 1 and 2)
    stpe 2 after the sis file is opened by the app click contents it is the second last icon (picture 3)
    step 3 click tools and go in to edit package (picture 4)
    step 4 then right click on any of the content from the list of contents select "select all"option (picture 5)
    step 5 after all contents is selected right click again and select the option "change drive letter to " from there a sub menu will be shown select the drive you want it to install to or the user defined option which will ask you which drive to install to during installation (picture 6 and 7)
    step 6 after all this is done just save the file (picture if your n97 is hacked than you do not need to sign the app if not you can use the signing function that is with in the app to sign it or any other app you like
    Just enjoy the original function but with the option of not installing it on c drive which will save you about 8 mb you can repeat this process for adobe reader lite also
    hope this info was helpful !! :P :P :P if you like what i wrote and think it is help for kindly press the thanks at the upper left conner

P.S i am looking for the latest OVI maps sis file i would like to see if this could be used on it also which will save another 7mb if anyone has the sis file kindly PM the link so that i can download it thanks in advance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: How to install Quick office and Adobe reader lite on other drive other than C

dude.... nice tutorial.....
    can u please upload the adobe reader and quick office file.......(which will install on memory card)
    or PM me..... will give u +1.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: How to install Quick office and Adobe reader lite on other drive other than C

russell_21 thank you for your comment, this is the edited file (will will install on any drive you want )that you have requested but this is the trial version from the official website you will need a lic key for full usage

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

k thanks.... +1 for u.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I am sure there's already ver in which you can install in memory card.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thanks a lot.. this works a treat! It's always been one of my pet hates about Quickoffice, that it only installs on C drive - now it's not an issue! +1 for you!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2222ziggy
    Thanks a lot.. this works a treat! It's always been one of my pet hates about Quickoffice, that it only installs on C drive - now it's not an issue! +1 for you!
    glad to help

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

@maverickjp84 , i tried this but with ASGATech Islamic Organizer.v3.01. as it also installed in c but it dose not start up ?
    have u any help?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by altareksamy
    @maverickjp84 , i tried this but with ASGATech Islamic Organizer.v3.01. as it also installed in c but it dose not start up ?
    have u any help?
    if possible sent me the file let me see what you did wrong or maybe you did not mod the file correctly

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by maverickjp84
    if possible sent me the file let me see what you did wrong or maybe you did not mod the file correctly

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast