Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default [HELP] How to change installation directory?

    I was organizing the folders on my Nokia X6, and I deleted the "Installed apps." folder under the Application icon in the main menu. I figured my installed apps would now simply go under the Application icon in the main menu. Now, any apps I install go somewhere else, and they don't appear in any of my folders. I have to search the phone to find the file to open it, and there's no convenient way to access the application anymore! I already tried a soft reset, which didn't help. I also tried recreating the "Installed apps." folder, which didn't help either. My phone isn't hacked, and I'm pretty sure the installed apps are going to a system folder that the unhacked phone can't display in the normal menus.

    How can I change the installation directory? I'm on the updated X6 firmware, so I don't know if this can even be hacked. Would a hard reset help? Any help would be appreciated!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,977
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: [HELP] How to change installation directory?

    Quote Originally Posted by sony vaio
    I was organizing the folders on my Nokia X6, and I deleted the "Installed apps." folder under the Application icon in the main menu. I figured my installed apps would now simply go under the Application icon in the main menu. Now, any apps I install go somewhere else, and they don't appear in any of my folders. I have to search the phone to find the file to open it, and there's no convenient way to access the application anymore! I already tried a soft reset, which didn't help. I also tried recreating the "Installed apps." folder, which didn't help either. My phone isn't hacked, and I'm pretty sure the installed apps are going to a system folder that the unhacked phone can't display in the normal menus.

    How can I change the installation directory? I'm on the updated X6 firmware, so I don't know if this can even be hacked. Would a hard reset help? Any help would be appreciated!
    i'm not sure of an easy way to solve your problem but the hard reset would definitely work.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: [HELP] How to change installation directory?

    Thanks for the input . I had a feeling it would come down to this.

    Quick question then - it is my understanding that a hard reset only wipes out the phone memory, not the mass memory. If so, then what happens to the applications I installed on the mass memory? It seems like they would remain, but would not work. The leftover files would bug me >_<

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,977
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: [HELP] How to change installation directory?

    Quote Originally Posted by sony vaio
    Thanks for the input . I had a feeling it would come down to this.

    Quick question then - it is my understanding that a hard reset only wipes out the phone memory, not the mass memory. If so, then what happens to the applications I installed on the mass memory? It seems like they would remain, but would not work. The leftover files would bug me >_<
    i'm not sure but i think the hard reset would also wipe out the mass memory. i'm not sure and you better get input from someone else regarding this.

    they will try to be reinstalled and they will succeed in some instances, however, sometimes they would fail. here's how i would go about it. i'd delete these folders from the memory card to get rid of the leftover files.

    private,resource,sys,system

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: [HELP] How to change installation directory?

    Thank you again for the help. I decided to do the hard reset, and everything is working fine now. I'll just leave the leftover files on the mass storage and format it if I ever have to do another hard reset.

    Here's a picture of my phone, just for fun


  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,977
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: [HELP] How to change installation directory?

    Quote Originally Posted by sony vaio
    Thank you again for the help. I decided to do the hard reset, and everything is working fine now. I'll just leave the leftover files on the mass storage and format it if I ever have to do another hard reset.

    Here's a picture of my phone, just for fun
    you installed omnia hs mate? nice to hear you got it working again. i can't believe that such a small bug can hinder applications from working.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: [HELP] How to change installation directory?

    omnia hs? I'm pretty new to the scene, so I don't know what that is. The hs that I'm using is tsunami+tornado.

    Yeah, I was surprised such a little thing would make such a big impact. Oh well, I'm just glad it's working again.


 

Similar Threads

  1. having 3 programs yet can't copy a directory from z:\
    By hakimy in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-22-2010, 06:27 PM
  2. Mod: Change cache directory from C to E for hacked phones
    By GOC in forum Symbian S60V5 Modding
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-20-2009, 10:03 PM
  3. Sim directory
    By nasua in forum Symbian S60v3 Apps
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-22-2009, 03:05 PM
  4. SIM Directory Contacts 1.0
    By nasua in forum Symbian S60v3 Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 09:56 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2009, 10:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •