Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default To buy or not to buy Nokia X6?

hello everyone,
    i have a nokia 5800 v50 hacked etc, but i want a change, should i buy the nokia x6? or is there really ni significant difference in these phones
    and also which phone has the better mods and stuff for speed?

EDIT: also what are the speakers like, are they the same as the nokia 5800 or better/worse?

--------------------------------
    Title edited //Usta

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: to buy or not to buy

The only difference between X6 and 5800 is the capacitive screen, same OS, same specs, still a huge margin in the prices though.

Gsm Arena has given both of them a 'Good' in speaker test, so we can say not much difference.

Even if you get x6, you won't feel a change, it's just 5800 with a capacitive screen :/

With the latest firmware v50 out, 5800 got some drastic improvements, the most major one was the new Music Player.

Now if you want a change, wait for N8 to come out, all the reviews and stuff about it are pretty convincing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: To buy or not to buy Nokia X6?

Topic moved from Firmware to S60V5 forum.

If you want a speed in your phone, get one with a proper HW specs.
    Nokia X6 is just as weak as Nokia 5800XM/N97 etc.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by freddoo
    hello everyone,
    i have a nokia 5800 v50 hacked etc, but i want a change, should i buy the nokia x6? or is there really ni significant difference in these phones
    and also which phone has the better mods and stuff for speed?

EDIT: also what are the speakers like, are they the same as the nokia 5800 or better/worse?

--------------------------------
    Title edited //Usta
    A friend of mine owns a X6, it's the same as 5800xm, the diference only being the 16Gb card and capacitive screen.
    I tried it and it's totally the 5800 only more expensive!
    IMO, if you really want a change wait for the N8, because, and once again, the X6 ist's the 5800 with a small upgrade and a big leap in the price.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

thanks everyone :P i will NOT be buying the x6, i will just wait for the n8, i just wanted to hear peoples opinions on the phone thats all, +1 to you all

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

yeah if you go for nokia then just wait for the n8 to come out skip the x6 for sure, just not worth it at all at this moment in time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

dont buy... wait for 3rd or 4th quarter to see what phones will be out in this year or next year. Or wait for n8

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Nokia X6 has the same hardware and the same turtle speed as 5800xm. If you have ever played around with Samsung Omnia HD or Satio you will never buy X6.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

The X6 is just like 5800 only with capacitive. Only i think that the Os isn't really designed for capacitive. I think that for a little more cash, you could get N8, which really might be a cool phone. But you should wait at least a month after it comes out and read reviews and then buy. But in all honesty i think you shouldn't get X6. You'll get very bored very quickly because you've already experienced everything it has to offer on your 5800.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

but as a person who uses both 5800 and x6 i must say that the x6 "feels" more quality than the 5800 and i think the x6 is way better looking.
    also do i like the capacitive screen. it is more precise than the 5800 ones.

but it is much to expensive, so i advice everyone not to buy the x6 and wait for the n8 and buy a 5800 in between

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast