Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    102
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default How to get rid of SPB Mobile Shell (SOLVED)

    I have SPB Mobile Shell on phone but want to get rid of it as big RAM guzzler. However cant use Application manager to get rid of it as it does not initiate. Any other way to kill it?

    [edit] - worked it out thank god

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    282
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: How to get rid of SPB Mobile Shell (SOLVED)

    well, explain how you solved it than?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    507
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Re: How to get rid of SPB Mobile Shell (SOLVED)

    Quote Originally Posted by robhull1
    get rid of it as big RAM guzzler.
    10 mb of ram for the multiple dream homescreen s60v5 never had and will never have? you've got to be kidding me!

    p.s. 45-50 mb of free ram with the shell, no lags whatsoever...

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    71
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: How to get rid of SPB Mobile Shell (SOLVED)

    Quote Originally Posted by vaterix
    10 mb of ram for the multiple dream homescreen s60v5 never had and will never have? you've got to be kidding me!

    p.s. 45-50 mb of free ram with the shell, no lags whatsoever...
    How the hell are you getting 45-50 MB of RAM within running the SPB Shell? :-S

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    222
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: How to get rid of SPB Mobile Shell (SOLVED)

    You can always exit SPBShell to free more RAM in order to use other apps/games.
    Currently: 26,5 MB of free RAM running SBPShell 3.7 on my 5800XM with Photon C6-04, and hey! I'm happy .

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    724
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: How to get rid of SPB Mobile Shell (SOLVED)

    Quote Originally Posted by sergiales
    You can always exit SPBShell to free more RAM in order to use other apps/games.
    Currently: 26,5 MB of free RAM running SBPShell 3.7 on my 5800XM with Photon C6-04, and hey! I'm happy .
    WTH!! i get only 15 MB of RAM free with SPB running....

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    222
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: How to get rid of SPB Mobile Shell (SOLVED)

    Quote Originally Posted by soumyasamanta12
    WTH!! i get only 15 MB of RAM free with SPB running....

    You can check what other apps you have running in background.
    You can also check the theme size (symbian), and SPBShell element count.
    It all affects the available RAM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    724
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: How to get rid of SPB Mobile Shell (SOLVED)

    Quote Originally Posted by sergiales

    You can check what other apps you have running in background.
    You can also check the theme size (symbian), and SPBShell element count.
    It all affects the available RAM.
    wil check...thnx..+1 for you...

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    71
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: How to get rid of SPB Mobile Shell (SOLVED)

    I Usually have 25+ MB of RAM after normal usage of the phone while running the SPB Shell otherwise I get around 45+ MB Ram Without running it


 

Similar Threads

  1. spb mobile shell for 5530XM
    By walter@ in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-11-2011, 11:44 AM
  2. [fake] SPB Mobile Shell 5.0
    By chshahzad in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-17-2010, 07:52 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-13-2010, 01:11 PM
  4. SPB Mobile shell 3.5 themes?
    By burtyy in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-10-2010, 12:35 PM
  5. [Idea] SPB Mobile Shell as CFW
    By jackiesparrow in forum Symbian S60V5 Custom Firmware / Cooking - Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-30-2010, 09:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •