Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Review: Spb Mobile Shell 3.5 for Symbian S60 5th Edition

<span>SPB Mobile Shell introduces the next generation user interface while keeping all advantages of your Symbian mobile device.</span><blockquote>Spb Software is well known for their Mobile Shell product for Windows Mobile that provides a fully customized user interface layer on top of the mobile operating system. They have now brought this functionality to S60 5th Edition devices and you can now get a fresh device without having to buy a new device. Customizability is king with this application and it shows.</blockquote>Update: Added one new video and tons of screenshots

<style type='text/css'> #gallery-1 { margin: auto; } #gallery-1 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 33%; } #gallery-1 img { border: 2px solid #cfcfcf; } #gallery-1 .gallery-caption { margin-left: 0; } </style> <div id='gallery-1' class='gallery galleryid-56532'><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><br style="clear: both" /><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><br style="clear: both" /><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><br style="clear: both" /><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><br style="clear: both" /><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><br style="clear: both" /><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><br style="clear: both" /><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><br style="clear: both" /><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><br style="clear: both" /><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl> <br style='clear: both;' /></div>
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o6l9bBnEkg[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTJY8XPmu6c[/youtube]
    <blockquote>Read the full review over at Nokia Experts or take a look at our dedicated Spb Mobile Shell forum thread.</blockquote>
    <a href="http://www.dailymobile.net/2010/05/25/review-spb-mobile-shell-3-5-for-symbian-s60-5th-edition/">
    </a>
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Review: Spb Mobile Shell 3.5 for Symbian S60 5th Edition

another video by symbian guru

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZI_0Yi6jh4&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

but unfortunately its very expensive.... $29.95 for a software>?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by marvinloess
    but unfortunately its very expensive.... $29.95 for a software>?
    yeah way to expensive for an app
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

thats the only minus thing about this app

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

if it was 9.99-14.99 $ range i think they would make thier money and have a solid base of customers wanting to use thier app. as it stands its insane how much it cots

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by radical24
    if it was 9.99-14.99 $ range i think they would make thier money and have a solid base of customers wanting to use thier app. as it stands its insane how much it cots
    Yeah, that coupled with the fact that it slashes the memory in half on most Symbian phones (Nokia).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

ok.. great UI yeah
    now let's turn on the fun:
    - $30 - oh, no problem really..
    - 17 MB RAM - why I need it? let's waste..
    LOL. where latest handy shell eats 2 mb ram! :P

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i have handy shell and i thought it was a bit of a challenge for my n97 i cant imagine running this monster on the n97 and be happy with it, and to top it all off at a 30 bucks tag !!!!

I tried it , smooth, pretty to look at and works really well, BUT, as already mentioned, almost halved the available RAM on N97, Open 2 tabs in Opera mobile and you're out of memory If it was light enough to let the phone continue to function , I'd consider paying for it, but it kills it , so it's a no go Removed the demo so I can still use my phone without freezing.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast